Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Counting floors I haven't climbed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 is counting floors I haven't climbed.  I walked today, did aerobics and housework. No steps at all. Last count almost 160 floors!  That is crazy. There is not a way to delete this inaccurate information either. Is anyone else experiencing this? Friday March 15 is when this appears to have started for me. I have a Samsung S10 phone.

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Hello @Klisa1214.

Thanks for bringing this up. Let me help you understand why this happened and figure out what to do about it.

I will be moving this thread to the Charge 3 board as I think it is better suited for it.

The first thing I'd like to recommend that you check this help article that explains how to delete steps or floors from your account.

As for the floors, you can click here to read more about why this might be happening. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read the "why this does this " piece before posting my inquiry. None of that applies to my day yesterday. I went to bed with 200 floors accomplished. I received NUMEROUS Fitbit badges for this untrue event. I did not go up and down in elevation. No steps. No hills. No ladders. No stairs. The last "floor" recordings was when I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I do not have stairs in my ranch style home. The bathroom is on the same floor as my bedroom. I have noticed so far today (1:33pm EST)  the App isn't recording false floor recordings. Perhaps Developers fixed the bug?  As for my remarkable day of climbing 200 floors I will leave it. Makes for a lot of laughter with my husband. 😂

Best Answer

Hello @Klisa1214.

Thanks for letting me know that you have already gone through that article.

What is important to keep in mind is that it is not the elevation itself that causes the floors to be counted, it is the changes in air pressure. For example, closing the door of a car, or opening it, can cause a slight change in air pressure that the Fitbit could mistake for a floor climbed. The same can happen when you turn the shower on. Sudden changes in temperature or sudden drafts of air could also be causing this. Do you think any of these could be related to your situation?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Charge 3 since 12/25/18 and yesterday was the first time the extreme floor count happened. Air pressure changes inside my house so significant it would register 200 floors is a scary thought.  Temperature changes is possible but questionable since the activities I did yesterday were not out of the ordinary since Christmas.  My assumption is there was an application bug somewhere which picked up arm movements as a "floor".  This theory is relatable to the activities I actually did yesterday (walking, aerobics in my home and housework). No stairs,  no steps. 

Best Answer

Hello @Klisa1214.

Thanks for reaching back with your thoughts on the matter.

It is possible that it was a one time thing. My question would be if this has continued to happen or it has not and tracking has been behaving normally outside of that one instance.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have had the same issue on floor counts. But it's been doing it for about 2 weeks or so. I do maybe 10 to 20 normally but it has been progressively getting me an each day now I'm almost at 200 a day... weather I'm sleeping, working or showering I have been racking them up. I got my charge 3 in feburary and it just started acting up in march

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Paparonid.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for taking the time to read through the thread.

I'd like to ask if the situation has continued to happen since your post or if it has stopped happening. 

Please keep me posted on the matter. I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing. Did 2 floors and got credit for 11. Today was playing cards and got 4 floors just sitting there. No happy with the Charge . Also steps are way out of wack.

Best Answer

I've noticed that sometimes fitbit doesn't count all my stairs one day, but will add it to the next day. I climbed 4 sets of stairs on Tuesday but fitbit only recorded one. Then I climbed another 4 on Wednesday but fitbit recorded 7. Interesting.

Best Answer
Yes it is still happening.
Best Answer

This is happening to mine as well. Exact same use my Charge 2 used to have (same pressure changes, temperature variations leaving the house, etc.), yet my Charge 3 is overstating floors climbed and my Charge 2 didn't

Best Answer
  • Yes according to my Fitbit I climbed 202 flights of steps and wslked over 23,000 steps 
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit recently started to count floors that I have not done.   Today was 202 flights of stairs!!!  Something is wrong!  It never used to do this.  Basically my Fitbit is worthless because nothing is true.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. All this week the floors count have been wrong. Also, somedays the active minutes don't register properly. Fitbit Charge 3 is full of bugs and should have never been released. I'm considering going back to my Charge 2 that never had ANY problems. And when I call tech support all they do is have you restart it which doesn't do anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started using my Fitbit Charge 3 today. This is the first time I’ve ever had a Fitbit. It’s only 11:30a and it’s recorded 4 flights of stairs. I have literally only taken the kids to school in the car, gone to the bathroom and laid in bed because of a bad back. I only have walked up and down one step (not flight, literally just one step) three times today. I got the Charge 3 as I swim and wanted one that could count that. Now I’m wondering if anything on here will be accurate?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue. It was logged while I was driving. I tried the “Driving” Activity as a workaround, but then I burned calories and got a day toward my Weekly Exercise. Driving is not an exercise. 🙄😝 What now?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes my wife had a charge 2 and we often walk together and I would say my 3 overeats consistently no matter what i am doing by 25 to 35%. The charge 2 is fairly accurate. Also I find the 3 overcounts steps. I  taller than my wife an on most walks I end up with more steps which is not right. We have even done direct comparisons by only putting them on at start of day a 7 mile walk. Weirdly my iOS health app is more accurate 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, for last couple of months it says a climb 200 floors a day, my wife has the same charge 3. No problem there. What is your issue track regarding the pressure sensor and with which models and manufacturing series? Special edition on mine. 

Best Answer

I have waited a while to raise this but I am experiencing ridiculous numbers of floors being recorded. So today 77 floors but the reality would be about 20 at most. My wife’s charge 2 makes a much better attempt at a correct figure. Why is the charge 3 so rubbish at this I have had an update recently so would have hoped this problem would have been adresses

Best Answer