Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Fitbit device can't sync with my computer.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't find a way to sync my Charge 3 to my computer, ( the Fitbit web site says that I should be able to.)  The "Chat Room" assistant says I can't connect unless I have a "smart" phone.  I activated  my Charge 3 with a borrowed "Smart Phone" and it works fine, except that I can't find a way to sync the Charge 3 watch with the computer.  For a price tag of $150 it would seem that the Charge 3 would be more compatible, unless this is a Fitbit marketing scheme.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Now that you have been through the setup process you should be able to sync with a computer but it depends on what computer you have.

The simplest is if you are running Windows 10 and the computer has inbuilt bluetooth. In this situation you can download the fitbit app from the microsoft store and that will be able to sync your fitbit.

If you are running an earlier version of Windows then that app will not be available. Instead you will need to download the "fitbit connect" software from www.fitbit.com/setup Unfortunately this software will not work with inbuilt bluetooth and you will need a fitbit wireless dongle which doesn't come with the Charge 3 and would need to be purchased.

Mac computers would need to use the fitbit connect software but they may work with inbuilt bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steve, thank you for your help.  I already have "fitbit connect" and a fitbit dongle that syncs my Charge HR with my computer.  I am running Win 7 on my computer and can't find a way to add my Charge 3 to my account to sync with my computer.  Any ideas on the procedure?  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not currently running fitbit connect (I have Windows 10 so use the app instead) and I'm struggling to remember the process. I did though find this buried in the help files:

1. Click the Fitbit Connect icon (User-added image) located near the date and time on your computer. 
  2. Click Open Main Menu...
  3. Click Set Up A New Fitbit Device.
  4. Click Existing User and log in to your account.
  5. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions.

taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873/

Best Answer
0 Votes
Steve,

Did this many times and doesn't work beyond the log-in point. Need Win 10 or higher. Thanks.

ak07
Best Answer
0 Votes