Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 GPS tracking not showing map

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With Charge 2 after a run without my phone I could see the map with pace and time. Charge 3 does not do that. And all my GPS system on phone and device are on

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

In further update, I disable my WIFI before each run, launch the Fitbit app and sync/refresh. Then go to the Fitbit (Charge 3), press menu button, click into Exercise, Run and connect to Phone via app and start! This gives me an accurate read of mileage and other data. It also gives the map which was my original issue. Unfortunately you need your phone’s GPS, which is a bit retrograde!

To confirm that the GPS is on, whilst on Run screen on device, Swipe/Scroll Up. You should see the setting Use Phone GPS and Run Detect - make sure these two are switched on. This is a one-time change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great question! Following! My workaround is to use the phone’s GPS functionality, linked to the app and device.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did this change just happen?  Yesterday it worked simply opening the App. Today I had to switch settings to track always. I hate having GPS tracking on all the time for any app. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues, Fitbit just stopped mapping the run even though no settings were changed.  Usually I just open the app as I have location settings to only while using the app, then I start my run from my charge 3, but now it doesn't map the run.  Very very annoying!  Has anyone found a fix for it yet?

Best Answer

Yes the fix involved:

confirming you have the most updated application 

switching off the GPS and Bluetooth  functionality on both phone and watch

switching off the WiFi and using current mobile service provider 

switch on GPS and Bluetooth back on both devices

launch app on watch, open app on mobile and confirm location services enabled

start app on watch and start running 

after doing this once, the map functionality was restored

turn back on Your WIFi on phone 

good luck 

Best Answer

Thanks,

I'll give it a try in the morning

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

few months ago my device stopped tracking my run on map - I checked it in every way and all shgould be fine - what is happening, it's showing only start and end point on the map, nothing in between - no tracking data, no data about every mile, just overall resume of whole run. It wasn't issue on my charge 2 and at begininning of usage of charge 3...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe this is due to a change to the default location services permissions introduced in android 10 which now only allows access to device location when the app is being used as a default. To resolve go to settings>apps>fitbit>permissions>location and change from "Allow only while using the app" to "Allow all the time".

Best Answer
0 Votes