Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Green lights not working and the display is blank

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For my Charge 3 , No Green light behind the device and display is blank. It was vibrating but now it stopped. Charge 3 is 1 month old.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

You could try restarting it by:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • For Charge 2—press and hold the button on your tracker for 4 seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
    • For Charge 3—press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.
Best Answer

Hi Steve , 

Thank you. It is working fine now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine went black yesterday, no green light either. Did the 8 second reset and the 15 second rest and nothing. It's only a month and half old, help please

Best Answer

Try below steps.

1. Plug device to Charging cable and connect to your laptop.

2. Press side button for few seconds till you get smile symbol. dont do long press. 10 seconds will be enough or repeat it again.

3. Once you get smile symbol , continue to charge the device.

Hopre it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And if you do not get a smiley face?  What then? 

Best Answer

I tried all of the following steps and my fitbit charge 3 will not power on, will not vibrate, will not light up, nothing. Charged over night and for the last 3 hours and nothing.

Best Answer

I have no green light and yet the fitbit Charge 3 does vibrate when on my wrist. I have tried holding the restart button in the charger base plugged in and sometimes I get the smile and sometimes not. I have tried changing the clock face and the message comes back unable to sync with fitbit so it is not receiving instructions.  The green light has not come on.  The watch is 3 months old and a gift so I don't have the receipt.

Best Answer

I have the same trouble as this person. /have been unable to sync it also. 

I have no green light and yet the fitbit Charge 3 does vibrate when on my wrist.

Have tried holding the restart button in the charger base plugged in and sometimes I get the smile and sometimes not. I have tried changing the clock face and the message comes back unable to sync with fitbit so it is not receiving instructions.  The green light has not come on.  The watch is 3 months old and a gift so I don't have the receipt.

Best Answer

My Charge 3 has no lights on the back and does vibrate if I push the side button but despite smily face sometimes appearing and leaving it on charge it is still not turning on. Purchased in Jan 2019 at Changi airport.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem after the upgrade.

Best Answer

My charge3 has been replaced and did upgrade this morning,all ok. I spoke to fit bit and found them really helpful. They will also walk through trying to get the unit working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried several times, I get the smiley face but no vibrate, and no lights. I is tracking some items but not all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing 

no lights coming on, it won’t charge, it won’t sync but it does give me a long vibration that’s it .

Best Answer

Has Fitbit come up with a solution? Many of us depend on these devices for different reasons..... pretty expensive bracelet. 

No reset, deletion of app, forgetting of device etc has worked. What is the solution?

Best Answer

Same experience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The charge 3 is junk and I’m on my replacement in last 5 months and doesn’t work after trying all the trouble shooting. 

Best Answer
Tell Fitbit directly. They sent me a replacement which is working fine.
Best Answer

I’m having the same problem - have tried the advise given still not working . 

Please help 

Best Answer

This worked! Thank you! I've had my Fitbit Charge 3 for about six months. This morning the screen wouldn't light up, the button was not working, it wouldn't charge, there was a green and red light constantly flickering on the back and it wouldn't connect with the app. I connected it with the charger and held the button for 8 seconds. Voila! A smiley face showed up on the screen and now all is well. Thank you for posting this!

Best Answer
0 Votes