Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Green lights not working and the display is blank

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For my Charge 3 , No Green light behind the device and display is blank. It was vibrating but now it stopped. Charge 3 is 1 month old.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92
I think in your case 3 replacements and I would give up too.
I wonder if there was a model problem as I see a few of the same questions
come through the forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It didnt work for me. No green light, no vibrating, no restart is detected,  no screen displays, no lights. Device has been rebooted and cleaned. 

Best Answer
Send it back and get a new one. Once they don’t work, send them back. I’m on my 3rd.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

No reciept or packaging 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope no problem being supplied with a replacement after contacting the
help desk and after they had done the checks.
I did supply proof of purchase from Changi Airport.
New unit seems to be working ok but still goes "to sleep" now and again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. How are so many people having this issue and there is still no solution?? 
tried reset with fitbit plugged in for 8 and 10 sec, tried til I got smiley face, tried reset through the about, tried different clock faces, made sure the app and my phone are updated, tried deleting app and reinstalling, tried unpairing and repairing device, tried removing the device totally from the app and adding it back. NOTHING works. 
when is a solution going to be found. 
it seems this happens within first 3-4 months or for those who bought in January 2019. Could they have been defective batches??? We should all get replacements for free. This is ridiculous.

Best Answer

Everything Cassiek1 stated I have done. Called customer support and did everything they told me to do. My Charge 3 is still not charging, at 0% and been on the charge cable for about 5 hours now. The green light and screen went blank in March 2020 and has not been working since. If everyone is having this issue, it is obvious that Fitbit just doing defective devices so we spend our money to purchase new ones. Perhaps we should go to another tracking device if the company won't do a solution for this. My Charge 3 isn't even a year old yet. 

Best Answer
Gave up on Fitbit after 3 separate watches have failed me. They replace but it’s a hassle and too bad became I liked the product. Not reliable.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I called customer service and they sent a replacement after doing
everything they said to do.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 3 just went dead app reflects 79% charge 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Gave up on Fitbit charge 3 after 3rd one broke within a year. Juke

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No stay with them it’s a good brand
Best Answer
Contact support and they could help you
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not one of my Fitbit’s have ever last more than 9 ten months. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did! Got a Charge 4.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe because it froze. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this and it didn't work. I have a dm out on Twitter, but I haven't received a reply.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit is sending me a replacement. It was still under warranty. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything that I have found on line to get my charge 3 to restart including the 15 second holding button while plugged into my computer.  Sometimes the happy face comes on and sometimes not.  Also I have had the line go across the screen as well but then nothing happens. There is no vibration when I hold the button in but there is when first connected to the charger.

This device was purchased just over one year ago.

Best Answer

I have the same thing. The fitbit screen went black on Friday but it was pulsing. It was so annoying I had to take it off. I plugged it into the charger as I've done that before. The fitbit got really hot but the screen remains black and there are no lights. This was a Christmas present in 2019 so not even a year old!

Best Answer