Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 HR Does not work on black tattooed wrists

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have discovered that the technology you have used in the Charge 3 does NOT work over dense black tattoos, it will work on other colour tattoos but not black.it works on plain skin like my leg but not on black ink tattooed parts, I have a very deep and dense red tattoo on my bicep were it works fine BUT if I put it on either of my wrists which have deep black tattoos it do not work which tells me that the new technology used has NOT had enough testing, when you consider that more and more people these days have tattoos and some are very dark as they cover up old tattoos fitbit should have taken this into consideration and run a lot more tests and then put this information within any sales agreement. I am now stuck with a very expensive fitbits I can’t use and I can’t wear on my wrist and therefor can’t use most of the apps. I have to wear it on my ankle which makes most of the apps completely useless, I can’t pay for something in a shop and put my leg up on the counter. I am extremely disappointing and angry with this purchase and I am now forced to sell it at a great loss all because FITBIT did not do its research properly,  fitbit are just shrugging it off and taking no responsibility.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

After speaking to various people and going to see various family and friends I have discovered that the technology you have used in the Versa and Charge 3 does NOT work over dense black tattoos, they will work on other colour tattoos but not black.They work on plain skin like my leg but not on black ink  tattooed parts, I have a very deep and dense red tattoo on my bicep were they work fine BUT if I put them on either of my wrists which have deep black tattoos they do not work which tells me that the new technology used in them has NOT had enough testing, when you consider that more and more people these days have tattoos and some are very dark as they cover up old tattoos fitbit should have taken this into consideration and run a lot more tests and then put this information within any sales agreement. I am now stuck with a very expensive fitbits I can’t use and I can’t wear on my wrist and therefor can’t use most of the apps. I have to wear it on my ankle which makes most of the apps completely useless, I can’t pay for something in a shop and put my leg up on the counter. I am extremely disappointing and angry with this purchase and I am now forced to sell them at a great loss all because FITBIT did not do its research properly, I’ve a good mind to go to my local paper with all this information as fitbit are just shrugging it off and taking no responsibility.

Best Answer

If you bought from reputable seller, can't you just return it?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have now managed to return the charge 3 but the Versa special edition was a present so cant be returned

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for the great post. There was a similar situation with my younger brother. He had no training time and constantly asked me to help him, but I suggested that he turn to https://edusson.com/descriptive-essay-writing-service  at some point. And they were happy to help publish a large volume of texts so articles. That took up a lot of my brother's time, and mine, without a doubt.

Best Answer

This happened with me after I sold my charge hr 2 that could read thru my tattoos and purchased a Versa. I have to wear it on my dominant wrist because there's no tattoos there but it's obnoxious. Fitbit was like oh well too bad. Infuriating since they've had the technology but have since downgraded clearly if newer models aren't working like the earlier versions. 

Best Answer

I know the feeling, I can only wear the old tech, (charge 2), fitbit deflationary did not do sufficient testing and I found they also didn't give a crap

Best Answer

they wouldn't take it back, they said there is nothing wrong with it even though the tech was at fault

Best Answer

Charge 3 HR does not work on black tattooed wrists. I have a black wrist tattoo and it is very difficult to see the led light. I can only see it when I point the light directly at my wrist. My husband has a white wrist tattoo and he can see the light very clearly. Well, here I would also like to suggest topcvwritersuk.com/purplecv-review/ website to you to visit for reading real reviews.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its definitely due to the new sensors not being able to penetrate the skin because the ink from the tattoo blocks it. Also to do with it skin pigment too.

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes