Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 HR monitor reading far too high

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my Charge 3 for over a year and the HR monitor has always worked fine, until about 4 days ago. Suddenly it started reading my HR at around 135 as soon as I wake up (normal resting HR of 70ish) and has been giving me failing readings of around 500-600 active minutes due to crazy HR readings. 
The screen has also suddenly gotten a pixel glitch line through it near the top. 
I have tried restarting my watch, nothing changed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@RachSc It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community!

Let me help you with this and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

hi @RachSc  it is a common problem and sometimes this happens but maybe turn off heart rate and turn it on and let me see if it works...

Akasdeep
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Akas 

thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately this did not work. I have tried it multiple times now and the readings are sooo crazy high. 
I have also had another 3 rows of pixels die on the screen since I sent that first message a few days ago. 
is there anything else to try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RachSc It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community!

Let me help you with this and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your assistance. 
I was just wondering how long it usually takes for a ticket to be generated. 
thanks 

Best Answer

@RachSc thank you for your reply.

The ticket has already created but due to recent events affecting our operations, Support may need more than 7 business days to respond.  

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this same issue.. I don't seem to have a problem with the screen but my heart rate on it has been in the 100s all day and for about 5 hours wasn't tracking my rate at all. When I take off the watch I've noticed the lights are no longer coming on either. My Charge 3 is only 9 months old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SDM04 I hope you're doing well!

I suggest you clean the back of your device with cotton and rubbing alcohol and restart it. Turn the heart rate off, save and sync then turn it on save and sync again. Also check these tips to improve the heart rate reading on your device.  

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately my Fitbit officially died yesterday and won’t turn on with battery power. I’ve got a replacement device on the way now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RachSc sorry to hear that the tracker stopped working but really happy to hear that you are getting a replacement from our Support team. Hopefully you will be back on track in no time.

Happy stepping and stay safe.

Best Answer

I have this issue too. It’s also registering that I’m doing over 10 hours of cardio per day. - one day recorded 18 hours cardio.  I’m not even awake that amount of time.  😳

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ela5 It's great to have you here! 

I suggest you clean the back of your device with cotton and rubbing alcohol and restart it. Turn the heart rate off, save and sync then turn it on save and sync again. Also check these tips to improve the heart rate reading on your device.  

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Cleaned, rebooted and turned off/on the HR monitor a few times already.

Is this the extent of "recalibration" I can do on my own? 

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JGY28 I hope you're doing well!

Thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue persists I suggest you contact our Support team for further assistance. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this exact same problem. I have cleaned, restarted, and turned the heart rate monitor on and off. Is my charge 3 dying on me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Melchstar. Thank you for mentioning the step you have followed in order to make your Charge 3 HR work.

I understand how frustrating this could be and the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes