Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Heart rate monitor not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Green light ie. heart rate monitor on reverse side is off so not reading sleep, active minutes etc. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Simon012. Welcome to the community forums!

Thank you for the detailed information. Please make sure that the Heart Rate setting on your Charge 3 is On, for this, go to the Settings app on your Charge 3 and you will find the Heart Rate setting where you can make changes. If you have any inconveniences to navigate your Charge 3, please check: How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

On a side note, I recommend performing a restart by following the instructions here: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Dear Fitbit, I have tried all suggestions and still heart rate monitor not
working and no green light on reverse side of watch face x
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. No green light and no heart or sleep readings since June 12th. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Vixxxx. Welcome to the community forums! @Simon012 Thank you for your reply! 

At this moment, I'd recommend performing a long restart to your Charge 3 trackers. A long restart is different than the basic restart and you can complete it by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, this did not work either. I am on my third Fitbit Charge and have had this one for less than a year!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Vixxxx Thank you for following the suggested steps. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused. Since the issue has persisted, my best recommendation is that you please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but Phone wait times are longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes