Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 OK to swim

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'd like to wear my charge 3 while I swim but I am reluctant.  Says it is OK to 50 m but also says if you get it wet let it dry out.  That information is conflicting to me.  Note I will be in the pool 30-60 min.  TX

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Borea, welcome to the community.

This is taken directly from the Charge 3 features page:-

"Water resistant up to 50M, so you can wear your tracker or smartwatch in the shower, pool and beyond."

So yes you can wear it to swim with, in fact the Charge 3 has a swim tracking feature. The reason it mentions that if it gets wet you should dry it, is to avoid any potential skin irritation if you were to have some residual water trapped between your tracker and skin. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Borea, welcome to the community.

This is taken directly from the Charge 3 features page:-

"Water resistant up to 50M, so you can wear your tracker or smartwatch in the shower, pool and beyond."

So yes you can wear it to swim with, in fact the Charge 3 has a swim tracking feature. The reason it mentions that if it gets wet you should dry it, is to avoid any potential skin irritation if you were to have some residual water trapped between your tracker and skin. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the response. The reason I asked the question is I just received my replacement Fitbit. The first one stopped working after I swam with it on and didn’t want it to happen again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you been swimming with your FB? Like you, I'm reluctant. I usually swim 30 - 45 minutes, 3x/week.

Best Answer
0 Votes