Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Screen is Black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today morning my new Fitbit was working very well but 2 hours later the screen is black. The device was charged on Saturday afternoon!

what to do?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

@Foxsinnu Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to report the situation you are experiencing with your Charge 3 screen. 

What happens when you plug it in to the charging cable? Does it light up and charge?

While the screen is black, does the green light in the back keep flashing?

I'd recommend performing a restart on your Charge 3. This should certainly help you out with this.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I just put the device in the charger. It still doesn’t work. The green light in the back is functioning !

what to do?

my app is not detecting the Bluetooth of the device.

the screen is black

Best Answer

Same thing happened to mine today. I did a restart. Plug it into the charger and hold down the button. The Charge 3 will vibrate, continue holding the button until it stop vibrating. A couple seconds later the smiley face came back on and it's working fine for now.

Best Answer

Same thing just happened to me and the reset worked. But not a reassuring sign since I’ve had it for less than a week. 

Best Answer

Same problem with mine after only 4 days... not a great sign.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine went black today- came here and read about doing a reset and it is now working. Not reassuring as it is less than a week old. I think I will regret this purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well so far an extremely disappointing experience !!

i had to reset 4 times since yesterday evening.

I have charged today morning and the battery now is already 63%. Then how will it stay 7 days??

will wait until the end of the week and if it continues then I will refund. 

I was eagerly awaiting the device but so far not satisfied!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing after having it for 5 days. The reset worked, I’m hoping I don’t end up regretting this purchase already. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had to reset it daily. I am giving it one more day- if the screen goes black in the next 24 hours, I will give up and return it for a refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same happened this week. I only had it for less than a week. Also, I just updated my IOS so who knows. Thanks! This worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem as everyone else ... trying to reset it ... 

you said “Plug it into the charger and hold down the button” 

Button? What button?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem after 1 day of use. Returned it, shipping has now taken a week, then I am told I need to allow 5 days once in warehouse, then they will decide its fate. My fear is after this three week process or more, that I will have another that doesn’t work, and go through this circus again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same issue. Just bought Charge 3 and screen is black. I ned to press bottom to see hear rate, I have screen wake ON. If no solution soon I am going to back to the shop

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have struggled with this problem for another week and it is only getting worse. Yesterday it turned off while charged to 83% during a run. I was able to restart later but there are no stats saved. Frustration. Monday it gets returned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Foxsinnu Thanks for your reply and for trying the steps provided. Thanks for sharing those details. 

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@JCfit1 @maura2 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the same situation with your Charge 3. Thanks for restarting your tracker in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and created cases with customer support in your behalf as well. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@as744 @DaniLawson @CollColl1 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for performing the restart steps. I'm glad they worked for you and that you are back on track now.

@Aewo Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with your tracker. Thanks for sharing that information. I'm sure the new one will work.

Once you receive the new one feel free to follow these replacement set up steps. This way, you won't loose any of your previous data.

@hippyside @Carolyn113 @Yoa_Bcn A warm welcome for you too! Thanks for sharing the experience you are having with Charge 3.

In this case, I'd recommend performing a restart on it. This has helped other users in the past. Click on that link to get the instructions on how to do this. The button is located at the left side of the tracker.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smae problem here. Black screen of death. Please set up a trouble ticket for me, as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, I have to reset my charge 3 regularly

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Twagner @SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting this situation as well. Thanks for trying the restart steps in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and created cases with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same problem. Fitbit less than a week - screen suddenly went black. The green light was flashing. I tried the reset and it worked but I am concerned that I am already having issues after less than a week of wearing. I charged it yesterday and charge worked fine. Can you please raise an issue for me? If this continues to happen I want to be able to get an exchange or refund from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes