Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Screen is Black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today morning my new Fitbit was working very well but 2 hours later the screen is black. The device was charged on Saturday afternoon!

what to do?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Great support, I've received a new Fitbit within a week. No problems with black screen anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. First charge 3 I bought, the display never came on except when it was on charge, followed all the restart, default setting, ect fixes, nothing worked. Took it back to the store for an exchange. Second one worked great. One month in my display suddenly stopped working, wouldn't even turn on when on charge though my green light worked and it would vibrate when I hit the side button. I tried multiple time to restart it with no luck. So I'm about to call customer service and I plug my fitbit into my laptop because I know they are going to want me to go through the restart process again and the second I did that, I got a smiley face and now it works again. So I don't know what the heck is going on with the 3's, I just hope they figure it out because I convinced my Sister to upgrade from the 2 before all this happened and if it fails her, I'll never hear the end of it.

Best Answer

Thank you!! This worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have reset numerous times and although app connects thru Bluetooth the Fitbit screen remains blank and does not show anything at all. Extremely frustrating for new device! 

Best Answer

Brand new, can't see the screen, very dull. Tried reset, not happy. Please start the process of getting this thing fixed or taking it back. Not what I would expect from Fitbit....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the black screen issue too.  The green light is functioning and i’ve tried to reset several times getting to the smiley face but it doesn’t seem to reset just a black screen.  This has actually been happening for a number of weeks, I just thought it was me but seeing there are loads of people having this problem.  Can someone set up a repair ticket please.

Best Answer

I got the Charge 3 as a gift and also having the black screen issue. No display when charging or when button is pressed. Performed the reset multiple times (but I don't get a smiley face because the screen doesn't work at all). I can't even pair the Charge 3 to my phone because I can't see the 4-digit code that's suppose to show.

I contacted support about this issue and they're unsure of how to fix this. Seems like a defective model -- I'm hoping for a proper resolution. 

Best Answer

Yes, thank you, WHAT BUTTON?

Best Answer
0 Votes

SuperShannonB

The button is on the left side of the watch.

See page 9 of the Fitbit Charge 3 pdf https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_charge_3_en_US.pdf

On a side note - the black screen happened to me as well this morning. The watch would vibrate when I pressed the button and the green sensor lights were also flashing (i.e. watch isn't dead).

I also did the reset which has resolved the issue for now (also taking notes when it happens).

The 'Restart Charge 3' process is on page 52 of the same pdf above.

Have a nice day

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife had the same issue - a hard reset worked.  On the Charge 3, that just means (1) plug it in, and (2) hold down the button for 8 seconds until you see the smiley face.  It worked.

(The charger has an opening on the side where the button is - now I know what it's for.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read somewhere in these posts that if you change the appearance of the clock using the app, the display will once again be visible.  It worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why does this happen with the black screen? I understand restarting it but no idea why it's needed.

Please explain.

Best Answer

I’ve had mine since Christmas and it’s been working fine for the most part, the only thing is that there have been a lot of times where it has been unresponsive and I’ve had to resync is again to my Fitbit app, which has actually worked except for this time. It won’t turn on, and the screen is totally black, but I’m too scared to reset it because the website said that if I do reset it, that it’ll damage the Fitbit:/ I don’t know what to do:(

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've  reset my Fitbit a couple of times and it seems fine. Just plug it in and squeeze the side for about 5 seconds until the Smiley face comes on. All your information will still be there. It's the only way I know how to fix the problem. Hope it helps.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I note that many people have problem with the charge 3 device.
I have returned mine last November. My personal feeling there is a software problem that cannot be solved easily.
Although I waited with great anticipation for this watch but was very much disappointed.
Moved on with another watch from another company

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
This happened to me too. I eventually went to the app on my iPhone, and
changed the display clock settings to a different display and that worked
for me! You might want to try it! Account - Charge 3 - Clock faces - at the
top, select "All Clocks" - select your new clock face and hit "select."
Good luck! - Shannon
Best Answer
0 Votes
It worked! Thank you so much!

Cheyenne Gutierrez
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I've tried all the said troubleshoots however the screen is still unresponsive 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have developed a black screen.  I have used Fitbit for years and received my charge 3 for Christmas.  I attempted to reset, but the screen is still black.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked on my Google Pixel too.

Best Answer
0 Votes