Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Screen is Black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today morning my new Fitbit was working very well but 2 hours later the screen is black. The device was charged on Saturday afternoon!

what to do?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Again my screen has gone black but this time my dashboard info has all done too !!!! Not a happy bee !!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Change the Display Face in your app and it works!!

This happened to me once, I tried re-starting the screen but it would only vibrate and still no display. I just opened my app and tried syncing it up. then i realized changing the display face immediately activated the screen. i though it was just a coincidence but it by display was gone again and changing display face helped and i hope this works for others too.

Best Answer
Thanks for the info
Tried that but still nothing

It’s happened a couple of times now so if it goes again it’s going back

I did in the end managed to get it back by putting it in the charging cradle and squeezing gently and that cheesy smile appeared after a few seconds 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen was working 30 mins prior and now it won’t work. I’ve tried the big restart plugging to my charger and holding and that didn’t work. My screen is still black . I need my watch for my work  so if anyone has any ideas of what else i can try before i ask for a new one ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much. I followed these instructions and my Charge 3 screen is working again!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem with my screen going black.  Holding the button down didn't work for me.  However, I found another work around - Go into your app on your phone and change the clock face.  This triggered a reset and I'm back in business!

Best Answer

I have a Charge 3 that no longer showing anything. I have done all of the troubleshooting I can find online. I really need some ideas on what to try next or to get a new one.

Please help!

Jenni 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @JenniField.

Thanks for troubleshooting this display issue before contacting us. If your Charge 3 isn't turning on, I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know the outcome. 😊

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

While I like what the watch offers, I've had to restart it multiple times in the six month I've had it. For some reason the screen just goes black. 

That certainly doesn't seem normal. Although, due to the posts I'm seeing, maybe it is. 🤔😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me! Great solution. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried a lot of the troubleshooting options on the forums. I ended up reaching out to Support and they are sending a replacement.

Thank you for the welcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes
So far mine is working out well
But glad to hear they are sending the replacement
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, thanks for your participation in the Community and for troubleshooting this display issue.

@1djs, if your tracker's display isn't turning on, I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there.

@JenniField, it's great to hear that you will be receiving a replacement. At the moment of receiving it, you can follow the instructions in the help article: How do I set up my Fitbit device? to set it up.

@Kruthiek, I am glad to know that the instructions provided worked and that your Fitbit is now working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

I will see you around. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

tried the reset on mine, screen still black! green light in back working

Best Answer
0 Votes
I notice that you have to make sure you hook fitbit up to charging station.
Then hold down button on side until it reboots . You see % of battery. Not
time & it should charge.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fully charged. No sign of life besides the green light in backSent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S9.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s happened several times to mine and I’ve now had enough ..... I can’t even get anything back !!!! So it’s going back !!!!

Angry 🐝
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all of the fixes I could find online. I finally reached out to FitBit and they tried the same tests with me.
They tried to send out a signal to the Charge 3 but weren’t able to even do that. After those tests they offered to replace my tracker.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Weirdly it's still tracking my steps!!! But I was in chat with Fitbit, they told me to do a reset which made it go black and not turn back on.. they're sending a new one but itll be almost 2 weeks Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S9.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me

@Sriracha wrote:

Change the Display Face in your app and it works!!

This happened to me once, I tried re-starting the screen but it would only vibrate and still no display. I just opened my app and tried syncing it up. then i realized changing the display face immediately activated the screen. i though it was just a coincidence but it by display was gone again and changing display face helped and i hope this works for others too.

Best Answer
0 Votes