Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Screen is Black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today morning my new Fitbit was working very well but 2 hours later the screen is black. The device was charged on Saturday afternoon!

what to do?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried resetting my Fitbit charge 3 at least 10 times now year the screen remains blank. It’s still connected to the Fitbit app on my phone and barging but the screen just won’t come back to life, is there anyone who can help me with this problem before I decide what to do.

Best Answer

I’ve woke up with the exact same issue this morning! It’s connected to Bluetooth , it’s just vibrating when I press the button in and not coming back on , and shows connected to app 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same problem. Black screen was vibrating and working on app but screen was dead. Used app to change watch face and all back to normal again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried that didn’t work 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am just curious, did this happen anymore? I contacted Fitbit support because my Charge 3 was less than 2 months old and I had to reset it 4 times. They exchanged and it has already done it twice. I am a 5,000 to 10,000 steps a day pretty sedentary person. No extreme activities or exercise, so it isn't damaged. I have a desk job who either walks or does the treadmill so the Fitbit gets no abuse. I had my charge 2 for three years with not one issue. I am scared this one is just not the same quality.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was replaced and I am not having problems with the screen on this one so had to contact them yesterday, I want it replaced again because like your’s it’s undamaged I have black lines going through my screen, this one has been reset every now and again aswell due to it freezing it’s annoying as there not exactly cheap. I hope you manage to get your’s sorted soon I’m waiting to hear back front them at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to reset it a couple of times, but not as many as you described. I’m on my second replacement actually, thankfully I got the warranty because the second time it acted crazy and I couldn’t fix it Fitbit said they wouldn’t replace it. Maybe the 4 is better? 

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
My first one the screen went totally blank and wouldn’t come back on at all, and I fear this one is going the same way, I have warranty on mine to so will wait and see what they say I definitely think there are problems with the charge three because there are a lot of people having problems with them.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No it never did happen again. I make sure that I don't let the battery go
down below 40% though. Hope you get some service.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you I hope so too, hope you manage to get things sorted aswell take care and stay safe

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought the special edition so it was very expensive. My second charge 3 had the lines issue. It just started one day, no damage or anything, just lines across the screen. I couldn’t fix it. Thankfully the warranty place didn’t give me too hard of a time.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I too have had charge 2 watches and they were fine but the Charge 3 has been a nightmare. I’m now on my 3rd watch and a new receipt given each time and Fitbit have suggested I just return it to the seller and exchange it !!! This will be the last one as if it happens again I will ask for a full refund !!! Fingers crossed this one has been ok for now !!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got the last one direct from fitbit and they sent me just the screen as the strap and charger were all good as new
So if it continues contact them direct - they just asked for a photo of issue

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much I have everything crossed lol 😂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit Charge 3 has a black screen, the reset process did nothing.  Green light on back still flashes, button vibrates when pressed, fitbit collects data, and sends to phone app just fine.  About a week ago the screen started acting strange, sometimes it took several times of the button press to activate the display. Since yesterday the display will not come on at all.   Note that this is already a replacement unit, first on I had did this after 2 days, this one lasted 2 years.  No it is not the battery, app shows it as 85% to 100% charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It happened so many times on my 2 month old device  I contacted Fitbit support. I went through their steps multiple times over 3 months. They sent me a replacement and now the replacement is doing the same thing.  I wish I had kept my charge 2 because the charge 3 has issues.  Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was showing the same three times I has my charge three replaced and they all had the same fault, I had a rose gold one but they sent me a black on this time and so far so good. The reset steps wouldn’t work either first one same problem with the black screen and the second two it was black lines across it. I hope you manage to get some help with it thankfully my new one is covered for 2 years as were the other hopefully I won’t need it again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes