Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Weather not showing on device

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I swipe over to Weather on my Charge 3, it never works and says to try syncing with my phone... That doesn't work either. Any insights? 

Best Answer
328 REPLIES 328

Great!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having this problem whenI got a iPhone.  Solved it by going into Phone settings and find Fitbit and click on it.  Make sure GPS is set to always.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel for the many folks that still experience issues with the Charge 3. I got a C3 last Christmas, and it has worked very well. I just experienced a confounding issue that I first thought was the fault of the C3, but now I think it is just a strange "location" bug. I have an Android phone and have never experienced trouble with the weather app or other aspects of the C3 until a visit to Texas recently. When I arrived in Texas it correctly showed Texas weather. When I returned to Tennessee, the C3 weather still showed me in Texas, and the very strange part was that it was accurately reflecting the current weather in Texas as my "current location." I tried many things to correct it and finally corrected it after hearing about a problem my wife experiences with an iPhone and Apple watch. This makes me think it is a "location" bug instead of a C3 or Android issue. Sometimes my wife's iPhone gets stuck on a wrong location, and she discovered that the solution is to touch the compass icon in Google maps until it somehow corrects itself. I don't typically keep GPS active, but I activated it in Texas to use Google maps. Then I deactivated GPS. But when I returned to Tennessee the C3 weather app was stuck in Texas. When I reactivated GPS in Tennessee, opened Google maps, closed Google maps, and then synched my C3 with my phone, my correct current location was there and was accurate. I hope this helps someone else.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you very much for your explanation,my Weather on my C3 is working fine now,I leave location on ‘all the time’ instead of ‘when used’ it making sure I sinc with my iPhone each time,I can get Weather from 3 locations ok,works best on the device and phone if lots of battery charge left.
So far,so good.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

In the fit bit app there is no weather app so the instructions that are repeated again and again don’t work. Is there a solution 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No weather Is shown in the phone app but weather does show on the Fitbit itself

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit only shows the weather occasionally it loses functionality daily of one thing or another since I purchased. Amazon replaced it once. Fitbit customer service refused to do anything about it. This Charge 3 is a piece of junk at this point I use it rarely and only for the time bc I can’t trust it. The first Fitbit years ago I had was awesome but as a result of the awful responses I’ve received from the complain and that they refuse to stand by their product I will never buy another one again. I have a cheap 30 buck knock off that works better. I’m saving up for an Apple because at least their customer service is top notch and they have never left me with a **ahem** product.

i.xosm
Best Answer
0 Votes

Typo above. I’ve contacted the company NUMEROUS times over the past year and they never acknowledge the problems. The last interaction they claimed I had never contacted them before when I contacted them every time I had a new issue. The weather not working, counting flights of stairs, the steps being off, notifications not working, etc. I’ve screen shot some of the conversations but I can’t even be bothered anymore. They repeat the same steps “fixes” every time and NOTHING HAS CHANGED. It’s a constant new problem. Regularly not synching, randomly not counting steps (no, not bc I’m sweaty at the time) regularly deciding not to send notifications for messages but send them for other things or the other way around. Not once have they offered a replacement (I’ve had one from Amazon, who stands by their sales) or credit towards something that actually works. This is by far the worst customer experience I’ve had with an electronic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To get to the weather app in your Fitbit, follow these steps

1. Open your Fitbot app on your phone
  2. Click the icon in the top left
  3. Click on the wording from the list saying "Charge 3"
  4. Click the option titled "Apps"
  5. Weather is an app in that section where you can check your settings

*However, I just had this issue as well. I found that area in my app, but it was not help being there.

What I did to resolve my issue:

1. iPhone Settings > General > Background App Refresh > ON
  2. In Fitbit App: Remove your Charge 3 as a device
  3. Delete the Fitbit App
  4. Download the Fitbit app again. Make to sure say YES to ALL types of notifications, etc.
  5. Login on the Fitbit App
  6. Add back your Charge 3 device

All weather and tracking was correctly working for me after the above.

Hope that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks this does help but how do you back up the charge 3 Fitbit.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you,I’ve done basically what you have said,I do not have any issues now,Location on all the time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

For Android users, this exchange about iPhone users caused me to look into some settings on my Android phone. Under Settings/Data Usage, scroll to Fitbit and be sure "Restrict background data" is unchecked. I typically keep many apps checked to restrict background data, and whether I had checked this setting for the Fitbit app, or it had somehow become checked by default, it was checked. After unchecking it, my weather on my Charge 3 has remained current. I'll monitor how it goes today and try to re-post the results.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had just downloaded the app so I did not have any activity yet. However, as long as you created your account, the data is still in your Fitbit account. Deleting the app doesn’t delete your Fitbit account. When you add the app back, you will be asked to log in again and all of your data should be there. 

(You can actually log into your Fitbit account from any computer to see your stats. No app on a phone needed.)

Hope that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updating this post to say that my weather app has worked perfectly for the last 24 hours or so since I changed the setting to uncheck the Restrict background data setting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the follow up. My weather works some time, however I usually have to pull down on the option and wait 15 to 30 secs. It works periodically, however nor often than not. That said, the support from Fitbit has been terrible for this product. They should have bought them back and credited for a Versa. I hope the new owners are more responsible. However it’s most likely too late for me to consider another debacle. It used to be a great service and many of the features are still pretty good. Best of luck to other Charge 3 users. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I’ve gone to the settings but when I try to add city and type in my city, nothing pops up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Initially I could not get my current location to display but I could get the manually entered one to.

In order to get the Current Location to display I had to set Location Services for the Fitbit app on my phone to 'Always' and sync my device. After I synced I changed Location Services back to 'While Using the App' and now the current location does display as well as the manually entered one and updates after I sync. 

Best Answer
Work fine when Location Service is set at ‘while using app’

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've turned off all Location Services on my iPhone 7.  Don't like Apple and Google knowing everywhere I go.  It's not easy to do but there is a YouTube video that shows how to do it.  My Fitbit Charge 3 still doing everything it should.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I looked through all this and my weather still did not work.

I followed all the instructions on the main solution posted in this thread with no luck.  

However, I found the answer (for me at least).

Make sure your location is enabled in these three places (for Android users)

1. Ensure Location services is on in Android settings.

2. Ensure the FitBit app has permissions to use your location settings in Settings->Apps->Fitbit

This is where I needed help.   Make sure this last bit is set too:

3. In the FitBit App, hit the profile icon, scroll down to the bottom and click "Advanced Settings"

Ensure "Automatic Location" is set to "on"

This was the magic!

Good luck!

Best Answer