Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Weather not showing on device

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I swipe over to Weather on my Charge 3, it never works and says to try syncing with my phone... That doesn't work either. Any insights? 

Best Answer
328 REPLIES 328

I have the icon but no weather and have synced? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG! Found it!!! Thank you!!! 

Best Answer

Haha no problem @SB28 - so glad it was there for you!

It does seem to be a bit flaky at times @SunsetRunner unfortunately.

One thing to do is make sure that you have All Day Sync turned on though.

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Charge 3, Blaze (Retired), One (Retired) / iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.2)

Please visit Fitbit Help if more help is needed

Best Answer

Yes I have the sync on all day, such a relief lol, now I just need a new clock with the date on it so it helps me know what day it is! Hopefully all other issues get solved! Thanks again for your help! 

Best Answer

Thank you for the help, the latest sync has now worked so my problem is solved.

Best Answer

I finally had time to research this problem.  First the sync all day was on.  As was recommended, I added a location (city).  This got me that location, but not current location.  I went to location services on my iPhone for the Fitbit App.  I had it selected on while using the App.  I switched it to Always On, and wha-laa my current location appeared with my added city.  So I guess that is how it's designed to work.  If so - that's a major problem.  Leaving Always On on any App's location services is a big battery drain on the iPhone.  That's not gonna work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys! If you're still having inconveniences with the Weather app, please make sure you have Location Services enabled on your phone. Once it is enabled, sync your tracker and check the Weather app. It should show your city as default.

Some apps, such as Weather, require All-Day Sync to be turned on for data to be sent from the Fitbit app to your watch:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon  > your device image.
  2. Find the option to turn on All-Day Sync.

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

1. Restart your Fitbit. 
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  3. Tap or click Apps.
  4. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  5. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  6. Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

If the inconvenience persists, let's try the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap the icon in the upper right corner to go to the account settings.
  3. Tap on Charge 3 in the list of devices.
  4. Tap on "Apps".
  5. Tap on the settings cog next to "Weather".
  6. The first thing listed should be "Temperature Unit", so tap on that row (where it says "Celsius")
  7. Tap on "Fahrenheit"
  8. Tap "Done"
  9. Tap "Back" in the upper left corner
  10. Tap "Charge 3" in the upper left corner
  11. Make sure your phone synced the new setting to your tracker by verifying the sync time is shortly before the current time. If not, you'll need to manually sync (scroll down and tap "Sync Now").
  12. Verify you see the temperature in Fahrenheit now.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Hi - I’m in Canada so I don’t need to change from Celsius. My issue is that the app shows the weather from several hours ago. It doesn’t update when I’m actually looking at it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I've done a little experimenting today...I've checked all my settings and the app on my iPhone and everything is set and turned on as it should be - yet my weather was still not showing.  I went in to the app, changed the degree from Fahrenheit to Celsius, clicked done and exited out.  I then went back in and changed the degrees back from Celsius to Fahrenheit, clicked done and exited out.  I then refreshed the app.  My weather appeared!

But then no matter how many times I would sync my app, my weather would not refresh.  Until I went in and did the Fahrenheit/Celsius change and then synced.  I'm guessing either the app or the device will not update the weather unless there is a changed made in the app to the weather settings.  Can anyone confirm this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried that too. While the weather did update, I cant be sure if it updated because I manually synced the app. And, on top of that, the weather shown on my Charge 3 is from 40 mins ago...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Again this morning after sync-ing my Fitbit the weather would not show.  It would just say to re-sync.  I went in to the app on my iPhone and did and update to the weather settings (changed from Fahrenheit to Celsius and then back) and the re-sync'ed and the weather showed up fine.  Again, for some reason - on my Fitbit Charge 3 - the weather will not update or show unless the there is a change that is made to the weather settings in the app and then the Fibit/Fitbit app are sync-ed.

Moderator edit: formart

Best Answer
Same.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

At best, there is a time lag with my weather update. See pic. It seems the only way I get weather updates is when I manually sync my Charge 3....in this case, 43 mins ago. 71ACFC76-6A30-4AD3-A75B-E19A13FFCB55.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, the only way I can get my weather to update to a current reading is to do that update to the weather settings that I outlined above.  Otherwise no matter now many times I sync my device the weather remains at whatever it was the last time I did the settings change. Bummer - this is my first real Fitbit and I thought the functionality would be better.  Maybe it will improve with updates?

Best Answer

I've gone through all the steps and I cannot get the weather app to work.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure you've followed all of the steps as outlined in some of the other posts above and then if those fail try the update to the weather settings and re-sync.  That seemed to work for me.

I actually re-synced this morning and my weather showed up!  I didn't have to do the change to the weather settings.  I think my Fitbit app updated at some point in the last 24 hours so I am hopeful there was a change in there that fixed whatever issue the weather app had.  You folks that are still having issues may want to see if your app has an update and them try re-syncing.  I will be checking on and off throughout the day to see if my weather continues to update/be current.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Should you also have all-day sync also turned on? I think it’s a little redundant to sync your device to your phone... that already has a weather app... in order to see the weather on your Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally redundant. At this point nothing has worked for me (tried everything noted in this thread). My Charge 3 only updates weather when I manually sync it in the FitBit app for iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have done tehse steps, but my FitBit charge 3:
1) does not recognize my location
2) I have not been able to add cities, as the app keeps "looking" but never "finds' any city I try to enter. 

The Weather option doe snot work at ll on my new Fitbit Charge 3 ... any suggestions?

Help!
Thank you!

@gonzopowell

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@GrizzlyNina wrote:

Should you also have all-day sync also turned on? I think it’s a little redundant to sync your device to your phone... that already has a weather app... in order to see the weather on your Charge 3.

Even with my Charge 2, I never had sync all day on. Big time battery drainer, and I was always out of bluetooth range half the time anyway. And it's a battery drainer.

Best Answer
0 Votes