Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Weather not showing on device

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I swipe over to Weather on my Charge 3, it never works and says to try syncing with my phone... That doesn't work either. Any insights? 

Best Answer
328 REPLIES 328

Same issues as described in earlier posts. 

Today I could noteven add new cities. 

When cycling back and forth Celsius Fahrenheid-Celsius the weahter app became responsive again. It updated the weather data and I could add cities again. 

I expect this not to be a permanent fix as the weather app is just not updating the data automatically with all the settings put right. I expect that only cycling C-F-C will make the app react again. Please solve this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to think that the app/software developers for this should be able to change something so that it doesn't need a change to the settings to update the weather. 

I would agree with an earlier post that if I need to sync my device to my phone to see the weather then I would just use my phone - no purpose in having weather on the device.

Best Answer
Agreed. Seems completely redundant (and therefore not useful) at this point.

I know there are always glitches with new product roll-outs. I’m still hopeful FitBit will resolve this.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to add one city for weather, but cannot add a second city.????

Best Answer

I have tried all the suggestions and no weather.  I’m going to give this a few more days but I’m ready to return. Not worth the hassle.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Plug you charge 3 into the charger hold the button on the side till it restarts. 

Best Answer

Hi,

I already tried that and it won't work.

Neither my weather or my phone notifications are showing on my C3

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried that. Didn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did that. Still says no data. Try syncing with your phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree.  I can see weather from my 2 selected cities but can not see the current location. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can go through all these steps.  Have the weather show up for awhile, but it will not stay set.  The next time I go to it, it says to sync with phone.  So will not use it until they fix this bug.

I tried setting the alarm once.  It went off at the set time in the morning, but the time was about 10 minutes behind until I synced fitbit with my phone.  Then the time reset to correct time.  So that is another bug.  And yes sync is contiuntiously on.

Best Answer
Mine does the same thing - I can change the settings on the wether portion
of the app, re-sync,and the weather shows up for a while. Then it goes away
and tells me no weather data and that need to re-sync. Is this something
they’ll fix??
--
This email brought to you by Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

@lifeaware @SB28 @SunsetRunner @Bill-Crockett Have you tried @Benjjones' suggestion of adding the location of town/city? Seems like that worked for a couple of people once he shared that.

In addition, @BEC29 also suggested something worth giving a try. Let us know if any of these resolve the issue for you.

@BEC29 @Freeway_ @DamienLee @Babydottie13 That is not intended behavior, you shouldn't have to adjust a setting and then re-adjust for it to update the weather. I have passed this feedback along to our team who is currently looking into this issue. I will provide any updates I hear in this thread.

@GrizzlyNina Yes, I recommend keeping the "all-day sync" turned on so that the Charge 3 will pull your weather as often as possible.

@gonzopowell @pdxuserjill @mazafe12 Check out the troubleshooting provided here. I hope that helps get you going.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I was having issues with my weather app too. I was only getting weather to show up for a while after I did a manual sync in fitbit, even with all day sync on. I got my weather to work consistently now after I changed my location service settings from "while using app" to  "always" in my iPhone settings. (Iphone settings, privacy - location services - fitbit) 

Edit: I thought my weather app was fixed with "always on" but twice now Ive had to open fitbit and do a manual sync for it to fetch the data. Im not sure if this is an apple/iphone issue or fitbit issue. The weather never worked right on a different brand fitness band.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@ErickFitbit - Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all of the above to attempt to fix the weather glitch.  I also manually sync’ed the Fitbit and iPhone in the Fitbit app.  Weather data is for “47 minutes ago,” while more current weather data is shown on my iPhone Accuweather app.   Not a good result.  

Best Answer

I have all day sync.  I have two cities listed.  I have gone through all the steps suggested.  Several times in fact.  The weather works once, and then the next time is says no weather data,  Sync with phone.  Weather does not stay synced.

Best Answer

Thanks!  I have it on "always" as well.. and it just doesn't do anything ..maybe after they do 'adjustments' and 'updates'

Best Answer

My notifications don't show up either.  So far, this is an expensive version of my Fitbit Flex with a clock.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was the only thing that worked for me, so thanks for sharing. Still can’t see my current location, but I have manually added my city & it seems to be working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes