Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 activity tracker not recording active minutes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else having this issue? After a 3 mile hike up a mountain, I look down and see I have 7500 steps, 24 floors, and zero active minutes. 

Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207
Good choice!! They've been "working" on the problem for about two years and unfortunately continue to knowingly sell a faulty product. Very sad, as Fitbit ONCE had both phenomenal customer service and stellar reputation. Amusingly, I received a Fitbit Versa as a gift, and it works fine. I Like it and it works well, but It's more than I need, the 3 was perfect. Rather than fix the problem they just continue to bring out new products while ignoring the obvious. If you have a 3 that is not functioning, I wouldn't hold my breath.
--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
Best Answer

I do believe I am going to callback and request my refund. I still will be out my 2 year extra care plan warranty but I'm so limited on how I spend my free time and the lack of active minutes and I talk with my hands, thus could be in a meeting sitting and reach my 250 steps for that hour. It's a joke. I'm over this period tracker and sleep monitor. Over other feature on here isn't working properly and my charge 2 was exceptionally accurate. 

Best Answer

Told them I had tried everything I found to fix mine quitting mid exercise (including a reset). Their response:

'....Once performed the long restart and if the issue persist. It will be regarding an ongoing issue that we’re aware of. Out team is working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. ...'

'as quickly as possible'?   I've seen this in posts going back at least 3 years! Hey Fitbit - you have a good product let down by some fundamental flaws you're consistently ignoring.

Returning the Charge 3 and going back to my old One, which although basic, actually works. Unfortunately I also have the Aria scale otherwise I'd give up on Fitbit altogether. May do so if there is a better alternative i.e. a brand that makes products that work!

Best Answer

One of the mods in here put me in Fitbit timeout by reaching out to me privately when my first post regarding this was removed. I was told the "I'm sorry you seem to be having issues" message and "kindly" reminded this is a supportive group to assist one another and not speak un-highly of the product itself. I'm happy this post wasn't removed because there's no positivity in me taking my time on the phone with customer service to keep giving me the same steps and I might add my charge 3 was even defective, malfunctioning when I was on a re-set process with them and she didn't know what to say when my line wouldn't go away and my device did not restart.  So, needless to say the moderator was welcome to contact them, come visit one of our homes and take her time to do all this work but I'm not bashing a product. I am stating there's no resolve as I've also had the same response in they are still aware and working on the issue. This is my second replacement device and still glitches on the daily. Facts are facts and if she felt that's not spreading positivity she can pay me back for my extended care plan and Fitbit can refund my purchases cost 🙂 

Best Answer
Yes I have heard that almost a year. I'm going back to the charge 2 when this one breaks.  I liked everything about it much better. Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone
Best Answer
I'm going back to the charge 2 I never had problems with it and was better all the way around.  I've had the 3 almost a year no matter what I've done as told by Fitbit tec it has never recorded any active minutes Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone
Best Answer
That's sad. They should refund your money or at the very least offer a credit on another product.
--
Best Answer

uttsjs_0-1585243325937.png

This just started happening out of the blue.  Today I am still at zero and nothing really  has changed in my routine. Started 5 days ago ... active mins just dropped off. My avg is usually 90-ish a day.  Did a reset and nada still 0.  Either it has been incorrectly giveing me active mins for the past 2 years or something is up.  The day before this stated I used the exercise tracker and went for a run ... usually just let it do it's thing but I  wanted to use the GPS on my phone so I'd get a map etc.

Best Answer

so i started having troubles when i was forced to start working out at home.. no matter what i do.. it doesnt register as cardio and my active minutes dont match the time i worked out.. i never had any problems when i worked out at the gym..

Best Answer
I've been having strange problems as well. Just went for a 45 min walk and
only 2500 steps were counter. Usually that would be 5500 and look at my
calorie burn and heart rate. Should be a consistent line.

[image: image.png]

--
j.™
Best Answer
  • call customer support! i just did and got right through!
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is a known fault with Fitbit charge 3 it happened to mine in November
last year tech support keep telling me they are working on a fix if they
ever find one they will not notify me I just have to watch out for
updates. I sent a message to the CEO and was offered a replacement Fitbit
charge 3 or a full refund. Do not put up with it, they are still selling
these faulty fitbits they should be recalled.
--
Helen
Best Answer

I am going to request a refund. This is not even 1 year old. I don't need a fertility or water intake monitor......or active minutes in the middle of the night when I'm registered sleeping and my hr is resting too. 

Best Answer

It‘s just ridiculous. Working in the garden for 2 hours, walking steps up and down constantly, and the tracker records ZERO active minutes! This has only started after the last update, before that any kind of gardening was recorded.

Best Answer

I'm going to call the company today again. I've been insanely busy with life. I registered 50 active minutes in the middle of the night, pulse o2 sat levels and hr low and was sleeping during the displayed active minutes. I drove to a medical facility yesterday and the device registered 250 steps. I'm over the screen black outs, restarting the unit, uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no avail to show realistic active minutes. There's other products on the market for a period, weightloss and sleep tracker if that's what I want. I used my exercise & active minutes for health care and they are not registering still to date after a new unit was sent to me. There's many observations from the community where it's a known error, as well as the company statement and I'm not satisfied at all with this model. 

Best Answer
I've had this 3 for a year , no active minutes ever recorded no matter what steps I was told to do. All my other Fitbits have worked perfectly.  Thank goodness the screen on mine is going out. I ordered the Inspire HR hopefully it will work better than this lemon  .Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone
Best Answer
The charge 3 is as lemon I've had mine about a year , no matter what steps I have taken it has never recorded any active minutes,  thank goodness the screen is going out, I ordered the Inspire HR hopefully it will work like all my other Fitbit have.  If not then...... Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone
Best Answer

My Charge 3 is hanging on by a thread, literally. I hand-sewed the buckle on to tide me over until my new device arrives.

The 3 never recorded active minutes like my trusty 2. The band failed after 6 months. Fortunately I was home and felt it go. Unlike my 2 which ended up on a sidewalk  and I didn't notice until it was too late. Anyway, got a warranty band replacement all was well, active minutes aside.

At 13 months the screen started to fail. Went to CS and they initially told me to go away because I already had my "warranty repair". Once we established it was a band only claim they offered 25% off a new product. Thanks but no thanks. The very next day the warranty band broke, lol. 

I thought long and hard about staying with Fitbit. I love the app but my experience with the 3 really put me off. I checked into Apple watches but learned my phone's too old. It seems silly to get a new phone just so I can have a watch.

Recently Costco had a screaming deal on a Versa 2 bundle with an extra band which sucked me in. I figure it'll crap out or fall off my wrist in 12-18 months just like the others. By then I'll have a new phone and can finally get an Apple watch.

Best Answer
It's odd. Mine worked fine for quite a while and then started acting up.
Dropping my heart rate right when I would exercise but picking it up the
rest of the day. Missing steps ANd with no heart rate ... active minutes
are not calculated.

Like today. Went for a brisk walk for 64 mins ... and here's my stats
... 2943 steps? That's a pace of ~ 45 steps a minute? Isn't that less
than a crawl?

--
j.™
Best Answer
And sadly, rather than fix this model thet ignore hundreds of documented problems and bring out new products.
--
Best Answer