Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 activity tracker not recording active minutes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else having this issue? After a 3 mile hike up a mountain, I look down and see I have 7500 steps, 24 floors, and zero active minutes. 

Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207
It is a known fault and apparently Fitbit can’t fix it, I have had the same
problem for a year now all tech support tell me is they know about it and
are working on a fix for it, not working fast enough are they. They
continue to sell these faulty products although saying they are working on
a fix implies it is a software problem. They have released a new charge 4
now I don’t know if it has the same problem but I would advise against
buying it. Fitbit use to be very good but in recent years they have become
quite problematic and unreliable. Tech support is less than helpful and
they refuse to replace the devices just saying another one will have the
same problem, they should have stopped selling them and recalled them
months ago. Based on the experience with the device and customer service I
will not be buying another Fitbit product.
--
Helen
Best Answer
I bought a Inspire HR after the problems with the charge 3 and my new one does active minutes do not work either.  I'm thinking I'm done with Fitbit I have been a loyal customer for over 6 years. Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
-- I don't blame you. Friends eit Fitbit's andxthe challenges were important to me. I'm looking at Apples.
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My active minutes wasn't working, so I did what the moderator suggested--going to restart, and all of my data except the hourly  activities was erased. Not good, and a waste of my time on the second day of use. I certainly hope I don't start having issues every day with this device.

Best Answer

Same, I'll be going to sleep at night and next thing I've learned the past several nights, my Fitbit vibrates and does the Congratulations vibration for meeting my step goals for the day....yes, while my arm is laying flat and still for sleep. It's still showing activity minutes during the middle of the night when my sleep log shows I am indeed asleep in a phase. I've reset, installed, uninstalled and come to the conclusion this Fitbit I paid for is a period tracker. Unbelievable what malfunctions and inconsistencies this product produces. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ Ko2bme101

Yes, this has become a new feature of my Fitbit in the past few weeks as well. I do nothing and suddenly the Fitbit rocket gratulates me to have reached 10,000 steps. It also celebrates this milestone on shorter walks and when I am on the bicycle. But interestingly enough, the count is corrected when I synchronise the tracker. 
On my last bike ride it did not record the first half of my ride, halving my average speed and distance  - but the elevation gain was recorded correctly!

Active minutes are still not recorded. Fitbit wrote to me about a formula which is used to calculate/record active minutes but it is too ridiculous to keep discussing because it will all amount to nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I walked;did weights and Eliptical. I got steps and the time of duration but no active points.   It is not counting number of hours that I had 250 steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Two things.

my charge three has stopped recording my active minutes and is that o FM to read when I’m swimming. Please advise 

thanks

jeroglu

Best Answer

This did not work for me.  My heart rate is in the active range.  My activity was tracked automatically and detected 49 minutes of walking with heart rate  94% in cardio.  No "active minutes" appear on either the device or the fitbit app. Restart of fitbit charge 3 did not resolve.  Restart of phone did not resolve.  This has been happening for weeks since I manually tracked workouts. Since then it would track the workout but not record active minites. So I would have to manually record the tracked workout also, which would update the active minutes which was a workaround, not a solution. 

Best Answer

Same here. My charge 3 used to record my active minutes quite well but since last update it’s gone crazy.  Today i did HIIT for 30 min than an hr of yoga and I have a recorded active minutes of 13 minutes????

I was in fat burning zone for over 2 hrs and i get 13 minutes active??  I restarted my tracker as suggested and it did nothing

come on Fitbit, please fix this issue. 

Best Answer

My charge 3 just started having this problem 😒 and I gave had this for over a year. So why now? And its started after the new update!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, my Charge 3 was recording active minutes but the first time I tracked a walk and then opened the app the active minutes reduced to 0 before my very eyes! This was the morning after the update.
Also I only bought the Fitbit for it’s ability to track my heart rate whilst swimming but the display goes dim once I get in the water so that I can’t read it.
I have adjusted the brightness to auto but no difference.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Jeroglu

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have the same issue with the charge 3 being dim and hard to read. Very disappointed with this Fitbit. And the app has had a lot of issues keeping up with the data. Not sure what's going on but I have been using Fitbit since 2016 and I think its time for a change unfortunately 😕 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got the Charge 4 after all the problems with the 3 I really like it 

Sent fom Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
I got onto tech support again about my charge 3 not recording active
minutes and to my surprise they offered to replace it with a charge 4. It
did take a long time and many messages before this happened, I have now
sent my charge 3 back to them and am waiting to get my new charge 4.
--
Helen
Best Answer
Wow that was nice. I wish they would have done that for me. But I bought a charge 4 and its awesome. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Congratulations!!! This is awesome, were you still under warranty? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Talked to customer service today. They walked me through a factory reset of the fitbit and re-paired with my phone.  Will see if it records active minutes for tomorrow morning's workout.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No not under warranty i have had it for nearly 3 years, I did have to keep
sending messages maybe they got tired of me and just wanted to get rid of
me. I have been on to tech support many times but this is the first time
this year. I told them I had just got the new firmware update and active
minutes still did not work and I was very disappointed. They then offered
to replace it with a new Fitbit charge 4, I had to send mine back to them
first they sent me a free shipping label, they just received it today so
hopefully I will have the new one sometime next week.
--
Helen
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a Charge 3 and even though my app is showing 5 hours of cardio (housework!) with a heart rate of over 110, it’s not registering as active minutes?! When did this change? ?

Previously, gardening has given a reading and vacuuming/cleaning was far more strenuous!

I have reset the unit but nothing has changed. 
Not impressed! Doesn’t seem to want to pick it up. 
Help!!

Best Answer