Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 activity tracker not recording active minutes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else having this issue? After a 3 mile hike up a mountain, I look down and see I have 7500 steps, 24 floors, and zero active minutes. 

Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

Hiya. 

Ive noticed that my active minutes on my charge 3 are also not working, 

i played 70 minutes of hockey and my heart rate was up but no active minutes recorded at all. 

Any suggestions please

Best Answer

Hi Santi,

could you let us know if fitbit is going to address the issue?  It’s a glitch or something. I just got my charge 3, I had a charge HR prior. I feel like I have to go back to the HR as the charge 3 will not record any active minutes. It erroneously counts the number of flights of stairs as well, but at least it’s counting some. My active minutes have been zero since I started using this a week ago. I have hit all my goals for a very long time and now I have an entire week of not hitting all of my goals. Very disappointing. 

Best Answer

Hi

I'm having the same issue.

My activity level has not changed over the last week however I have 0 active minutes this week and last week whereas before I was always having active minutes recorded of at least 45 minutes a day.

especially at weekends when I run around after my little boy a lot but this weekend 0 active minutes which is so strange considering my activity level is the same and a bit more on the weekend.

previously even things like doing housework clocked up active minutes and again after vigorously cleaning the kitchen this evening for 30 mins there was nothing recorded on my charge 3 for active minutes! 

Best Answer

My problem is opposite of yours.  I went swimming Saturday and Sunday, 1 full hour non-stop freestyle.  I did the swim app so that it is timed for me to swim one hour.  Both days it registered as exercise, but was not added to active minutes.  Next weekend I am going to just let the Charge 3 autorecognize my swim just to see what registers where.

Best Answer

I'm on a beta blocker for blood pressure which keeps my heart rate down.  The charge 3 is penalizing me for the medication.  The charge 2 was much more accurate.  Thinking about sending the 3 back and going back to the charge 2.

Best Answer

Mine is doing that if I actually go into the exercise and start it. The right number of days show if the charge 3 works out that I am doing the exercise itself.  It shows as active minutes but doesn't show as the right number of days. The only way I could fix it was to go to the dashboard of my pc and then log the activity again. 

Best Answer

When will Fitbit address the issue of the Charge 3 not tracking active minutes? 

Best Answer

Good question.

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I’ve had my Charge 3 for a couple of weeks now and it would always automatically record my activity as it’s supposed to. Suddenly, yesterday, I taught my Bootcamp class in which my heart rate was at or above fat-burning for 20+ minutes and it still sus 0 active minutes. 

Why is that and how can I fix it? I even make sure to wear the watch snug as instructed. And, as I mentioned, this problem hadn’t been happening until now. Coincidentally, it was after the most recent update.

Best Answer

Santi - This doesn't help at all, unfortunately. We are all having the same problem with our Fitbit not actually registering our active minutes. We are all obviously aware of how it is supposed to work, as the majority of us have "upgraded" (possibly downgraded) to a FitBit Charge 3 from another FitBit device...and we are used to things working the way they should and have been advertised.

So the question isn't "how do active minutes work", it is "why aren't the active minutes working".

I have only just recently purchased the FitBit 3 a few days ago, "upgraded" from the Alta. I am profoundly disappointed that this question feed started months ago and the issue is still not fixed. 

Do do I return the Charge 3 and go back to my old Alta? 

Best Answer

So last week I had to do a firmware update.  Said it would take a half hour but it took more than one hour.  I went swimming on Sunday.  I used the swim app and chose 60 minutes.  It seems like the number of lengths was accurate and I did get over 60 minutes added to the “active minutes”.  It showed I burned over 200 calories.  Before the firmware update, it would show that I was burning only 50 calories.  It seems to be working now.  Plus I like that I have the Charge 2 face now!

Best Answer

The mystery of the missing active minutes , a new volume of the  "yet another issue with the Charge 3 series"!!

I have the same issue! It recognised my active minutes earlier today, but this afternoon they have vanished!! I have done very little this afternoon so i don't believe its an issue with my heart rate leveling out, I've rebooted, restarted the app and no good?? I have also lost some of my historic activity data?? 

Any sign of a fix for this? This is not a cheep watch, I would expect it to be working fully? And not making allowences for its operating issues??.

Best Answer

Good luck... I did not have any luck with Fitbit finding a solution, the scripted answers did not sit well with me. I have the regular Fitbit and the Hr 2, they both work fine with the active minutes. Fitbit is in denial about the 3 logging active minutes. 

Best Answer

This might explain why they are already being marked down at Costco.

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Back in December I was told an Engineer was going to take a look. I’m still waiting. I am going to return my Fitbit to Kohl’s. 

Best Answer

My charge 3 won’t track any active minutes. I take a Pilates class with my sister and her charge 2 records her active minutes during class and her workout. My charge 3 still reads 0 active minutes at the end of the same class. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A PROBLEM WITH THE CHARGE 3. Very disappointing.

Best Answer

Fitbit definitely needs to fix this. It’s is unfair for those of us who want to see how we are doing. I should get credit for all the minutes I spent weight training and spinning, not some of the minutes. If you can’t credit us for what we actually do you should let us be able to edit it. The other day I went on a walk and got full credit yet today I weight trained and got on my bike for a total of 28 minutes and I only got credit for 18 minutes of it all. Regardless of my heart rate I should get credit for not sitting on my **ahem**. 

Best Answer

I ran for close to an hour and my heart rate was well over 140 average. My active minute was zero. There is a clearly a problem with the device or the software

Best Answer

Imagine my disappointment to join so many others having issues with zero Active minutes. I have a very active job and typically had 200-400 active minutes with my Charge 2. I just started with the 3 this week, yesterday I had 0 minutes and today a whopping 27. 

What gives Fitbit? My job hasn't changed one iota. I'm still walking briskly, bending, reaching, climbing ladders, and lifting. The inability to count activity minutes is frustrating and demoralizing.

Best Answer

I loved my charge 2 but my new charge 3 is not recording active minutes 

Best Answer