Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 activity tracker not recording active minutes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else having this issue? After a 3 mile hike up a mountain, I look down and see I have 7500 steps, 24 floors, and zero active minutes. 

Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

Total rip off.  I've been a loyal Fitbit customer for year, but I'm done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Garmin for a few months now.  Support is like night and day to FitBit.  I’ll expect that this is deleted, but hopefully it gives someone hope in the meantime.

Best Answer

This does not address the problem, you are assuming we are stupid and don’t know how active minutes work, after wearing my Fitbit charge 3 fir 11 months I know when it suddenly stops tracking active minutes.  I can assure you I am not sitting still all day.  

Best Answer

There is no implication that you are stupid.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then tell us how to fix the problem or just say we don’t have a fix at the moment but we are working on it.  You just keep telling us to do the same people thing all the time and it does not help.  We all bought these fitbits in good faith you could at least be honest with us.

Best Answer
Exactly. Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a replacement head for my charge 3 last week after owning this for several months in tracking zero active minutes unless it's in the middle of the night when I'm sleeping and my sleep tracker shows this. Needless to say I had reached out to the company they helped me plus I'm still under Fitbit warranty before I'd even head into my extended warranty I purchased for this and I can tell you for certain I only was able to log active minutes one time last week where my charge 2 device log several times throughout the week active minutes. I am so upset that they send me a new head and this morning for example I will get my heart rate in from approximately 7:14 a.m. to 8:12 a.m. I was up in the hundreds because I was cleaning my house and doing the laundry and non stop moving and though my heart rate spiked up where I knew I was getting some moving going and some action it shows 0 active minutes on this charge 3. I swear there are so so so many errors Since switching from my charge 2 upgrading to this charge 3 that I strongly dislike, do not trust and wish I never had to upgrade to. All they'll be able to keep doing that the company is keep sending me a free replacement head saying that my last one was defective but the more and more comments that I have posted on here and that I've read about are all showing the same issues coming up and I don't even have an Apple phone mine's an Android and it's still is messing up my active minutes so what's the point in having a Tracker device that's not tracking properly and I'm the kind of person that talks with my hands so last night when we were at a Verizon Wireless store and I was talking to the sales associate, my hands are moving all over the place but yet my legs didn't move a bit worst step and I reach 250 steps in that hour and I was standing there talking to him about the new iPhone x. It's the same thing with the gentleman that wrote about how they're swimming with it and Fitbit is very aware that it is not tracking active minutes and that is just not cool and it's not okay it's not right. I'll be back in contact with them again today if they would just let me know that hey there's another tracking device that actually does work that doesn't have any issues I'd go ahead and upgrade to that but that switch from the charge 2 to the charge 3 has been a disaster from syncing issues in the past to just not tracking my walking steps 2 then putting in inaccurate information for active times when it's contradicting it's on data where I'm sleeping and then when I'm actually actively working and I know that I am I'm registering zero active minutes has anybody else had more than two brand new charge 3 had sent to them where they finally got one that is accurately measuring data from one's body? Thank you, Kristina

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi my charge 3 was working perfectly until about 2 weeks ago when it
suddenly stopped tracking active minutes, occasionally it will track a few
minutes then stop again. I contacted support and they say they are aware
of the problem and are working on a fix. My warranty will run out in 2
weeks so I am thinking of returning it and getting my money back. I think
after a couple of weeks they should have fixed the problem, I am not at all
happy I am 72 at this rate I could be dead before they come up with a
solution
--
Helen
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello to that lol lolSent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found a work around to this which does get you your active minutes if none have been recorded after an activity.  If you manually enter an identical activity (including start time) active minutes suddenly appear (including in the impact of the actual activity). Bit of a faff but at least you get your minutes. 

Best Answer

Excellent, I will try it!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
How does that work manually please? I'm ok at this point doing the faff!!!!
I just to want coincidence active minutes. Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go into the exercise screen on your phone it gives you the option to manually enter by clicking on the icon top right that looks like a stop watch.  You can then enter the details of your activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your time responding. I'm actually not showing active minutes on my charge 3. I've not used the activity option yet, just realizing since I switched from my charge 2, it showed active minutes accurately, and now the charge 3 does not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn't work for me. My Charge 3 stopped recording active minutes about 4 days ago, after continuous rebooting it worked for one day. Now it's still stuck at 0 active minutes. 

Best Answer
My Fitbit charge has not been recording active minutes for nearly 4 months
now and all tech support say is they know about it and are working on a
fix. They did say there is no use giving me a new one as it would still
have the same problem. They are still selling these faulty products.
--
Helen
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still having this problem. I've the charge 3 since 27th of January 2020. I noticed when I had had some rides on my bike. The charge 2 would have noticed it, this one does not!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They have known about this for more than a few months.  I returned mine to them in April of last year due to these issues.  I can’t believe it’s still going on. It ended a long loyalty to FitBit for us.

** this will get deleted as they won’t want this to be seen.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi for the last 4 months my Fitbit charge 3 has not been tracking active minutes, I have been on to tech support  they say it is a known fault and they are working on a fix they will not notify me if they ever do find a solution to this problem I have to watch out for updates.  I was also told there is no use giving me a replacement Fitbit as it will have the same problem.  Twice I have asked for a replacement Fitbit but they refused to give me one.  I emailed the CEO and the next day I got an answer saying they are very sorry and will speak to tech support about their response to me and they will be happy to replace the Fitbit or give me a refund.  I chose a refund as apparently a new one will still be faulty.  I am currently waiting for a courier to pick up my device and when the company receives it I will get a refund.  I hope this helps others 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is tracking fine. I had an issue but it no longer does it.

Best Answer
0 Votes