Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 activity tracker not recording active minutes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else having this issue? After a 3 mile hike up a mountain, I look down and see I have 7500 steps, 24 floors, and zero active minutes. 

Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

It seems to be a plethora of similar issues, even with new device's sent out, that continue to happen. At first, they company made a statement they are working on repairing technical errors and now that statement is nowhere to be found on this model.

Best Answer

On my app, the activity tracker was working everyday since I bought it on March 2020. Since April 30th. It doesn’t register on my App. I try restarting my watch and  re synchronization. Still doesn’t work.  It’s really bugging me. Help please

Best Answer

I just got mine this weekend and it won't register any active minutes.  I have been on two runs and nothing picked up in the active minutes.  

Best Answer

Message deleted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Message deleted.

Best Answer

Message deleted.

Best Answer

Recording steps when not walking has been a Fitbit bug forever and a day. It records steps when you move the wrist you are wearing the Fitbit on. Just moving the lower arm up and down is one step. This way you can achieve 10,000 steps by sitting on a chair the whole day.

My device seems to only count tracked exercise as active minutes. I even have to record walks as exercise, as otherwise it would be zero active minutes again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had problems with every single Fitbit device I have had. The first Charge fell apart and was replaced three times. The Charge 2 wristband broke and fell off my wrist in a train and I only retrieved it because a fellow passenger saw it. I bought a few cheap non-Fitbit wristbands and the first one was so good that it never needed replacing, unlike the original Fitbit wristbands! Got a replacement from Fitbit which, of course, I never used, as the cheap one was better. The display of the last Charge 2 got weaker by the day, so I replaced it by the Charge 3 - and now this starts... So far it has recorded most workouts fine but it plays up with synchronisation. But to get active minutes recorded I need to record it as workout! Meaning: if I work in the garden I need to start the exercise tracker and later re-categorise. 

I have not succeeded in getting steps as the priority display... Just wondering if I am stupid enough to buy another Fitbit when I get sick and tired of this one...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Message deleted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Message deleted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • Someone posted you have to go to the exercise screen to make the active minutes work. My charge 2 did this automatically.  Also I did not see that in the instructions. If that was the issue why does the technology department have you reset ect instead of turn on an exercise.  I just ordered an Inspire HR. I have used Fitbit since 2014 and the charge 2 was great except the band broke. I never had any other problems besides the 3 not tracking active minutes and the problem with the 3.no I do not have a cast on my leg.
Best Answer

@Sherryhtz I said you need to record active minutes as exercise if you want them recorded - but this was not meant to be an instruction in the manual or the solution of the problem. I just said it as the only (impossible) way to have the active minutes recorded as the tracker clearly does not record them. 

(And the question with the cast on the leg was me joking, as only with a cast or injured you would have walked the few steps in 45 minutes.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you , your remarks are all over the place. Your joke was not funny. BYW. Please dont post to me again.  As I am an essential worker and have enough stuff going on in my stressful job. I dont need your lame comments 

THANKS

Best Answer
0 Votes

7 of your comments were Way Enough.  Try to enjoy your night and life. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sincere apologies for upsetting a member of the Fitbit community by not sharing the same kind of humour and instead sharing lame comments. I was not aware that all my replies would be posted in one big queue as I had answered individually to several different posts like e.g. on Twitter, otherwise I would not have repeated myself. Now I know better. BTW I also do essential work but have spare time, and I enjoy my night and my life - and where I live it is daytime while others might sleep in other parts of the world. I accept that some people are more stressed than others but it is not fair to insult others for probable stress relief or whichever other reason. Always consider that not everyone laughs about the same jokes, and this is no reason for attacks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure of the exact algorithm but I have read:

Your Fitbit calculates active minutes through a metric called metabolic
equivalent of tasks (METs), also sometimes just called “metabolic
equivalents.” METs measure the intensity of a particular physical exercise
by comparing against a base rate

I think the main indicator is Heart Rate. If your heart rate is elevated above your base level for more than 10 mins, it gets logged as active minutes. So when my fitbit has decides to take a vacation from
logging my heart rate ... I get 0 active minutes.

When I do a reset it will log active minutes properly for a few days, then it becomes erratic. Yesterday my steps weren't even logged properly. My heart rate stats went away for the duration of the walk.

I usually go for an hr walk starting at 8 - 8:30

After reset 

uttsjs_5-1589459944450.png

After a few days 

uttsjs_0-1589459613978.png

uttsjs_1-1589459748347.png

Best Answer

I’ve hat a Fitbit for almost 8 years. I recently purchased the charge 3 and I’m disappointed. Today I cleaned at work vigorously for 8 hours! Scrubbing, vacuuming, wiping, it shows 0 active minutes. Unacceptable! I’ve never had this kind of tro be. Wish I didn’t buy it:((

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler

Reboot today my Fitbit Charge 3 to factory setup and that solved my problem of not tracking my hourly activity 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done 20,000 steps yesterday and 15000 plus today spending at least one hour walking active minutes showing zero I would say there is an issue. My weight etc is in the system this seems to have started when I Upgraded to premium. Can anyone help?

Best Answer
Check your heart rate history. Usually when there's no active mins, it
means the heart rate isn't recording.

Could be a faulty sensor or you have it too loose on your wrist.

--
j.™
Best Answer
0 Votes