Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 - actually waterproof?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just wanted to see if anybody else out there has successful swam or gotten their charge 3 wet without any issues? I’m a little wary on it actually being waterproof. 

Success stories, or fail stories, I want to hear them!

Best Answer
147 REPLIES 147
I agree. I bought it because of the waterproof feature...I hope my
replacement does not start that again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No it is not at all waterproof or even water resistant. first time I waded in the pool the charge 3 failed. I have been waiting for a week for a replacement, cannot believe such slow replacement and false advertising.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

my replacement has been waterproof.  I think there must have been a bad bunch. my husband hasn't had any issues with his and he bought his 3 months after mine. I also put a screen protector on this one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still waiting for the replacement. Extremely slow shipping involving FedEx and the Post Office. At this point I have gotten used to not having it and am looking for a replacement brand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with my Fitbit3 .How do i get a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received my replacement charge 3.  So far so good!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to call technical support who will go through troubleshooting and process a replacement if it qualifies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, @Mjost and @Adejumo. It's good that the community is growing. @Kellynolan@Maestra44 and @Mamajana, thanks for getting back. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

@SunsetRunner, @Kellynolan and @Maestra44, thanks for your comments, as well for sharing your experience with your devices. Our team designed the Charge 3 so you can track your swim activities without worrying about the water. I understand how you're feeling about this device, and what I'd suggest is to always clean it thoroughly after swimming to ensure its functionality when being outside of water.

@Mjost, thanks for sharing your feedback about the replacement order. I'm sorry that it's taking to long and I'd recommend to reply back to the last email our team sent to you. This way you can receive more details about your order. If you don't find their email, let me know so I can request a new case for you.

@Adejumo, thanks for letting me know that you're having an issue with your Charge 3. I've been informed by our Support Team that a case was already created for you. Please continue working with them, so you can receive more details about your case.

@Mamajana, thanks for keeping me updated and I'm glad that you got your replacement. Make sure to set it up in your existing account so you can sync your information there.

Hope to continue seeing you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have now had 2 Charge 3s that failed immediately after swimming in my backyard swimming pool (so obviously not more than 50 meters). The first one failed after swimming with it on two times.  It did the lines up and down the screen and then eventually went blank. I received a replacement but it took more than 1 week after the complete failure of the original one to receive it. Exactly 29 days after receiving the replacement I decided to chance and try swimming with it again and it immediately started acting up, constantly vibrating and switching screens, then started flashing on and off and the battery drained in a matter of hours instead of days. I have now placed my order for a replacement and you can bet I will not be wearing it in the pool. Really unfortunate that these products are advertised as water resistant and are absolutely not. 😡

Best Answer
I am now on #3 just from wearing it to workout and in the shower! I am
crossing my fingers but not holding my breath. I will certainly be more
careful to not wear it in the shower!
Best Answer

My third one just shipped today and like you I'm going to have to be more careful this one. Really disappointed, I wanted to be able to track my swimming. Time to look for another brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too. I guess I will wait and get one that is proven to be waterproof.
Best Answer

there is a reboot option in settings then about on my charge 3. charge cable not required.

Best Answer
0 Votes

not sure what you are trying to say. 

Best Answer

Appreciate the heads up re sauna! I've sauna tested other devices but was still leery about my Charge 3.

FWIW: iPhone 6 and AirPods (1st gen), 195-205 degrees, 20 minute intervals (as much as 35 min straight), around 50 trials over 2 years. Zero impact to AirPods. (I even put them through the clothes washer once and they still work, but the charging case died.) The iPhone would eventually overheat and stop playing audio content, but this could be delayed/mitigated by minimizing exposure by wrapping it in a dry towel (hand towel size), which would get me to and through the 20-minute mark no problem. Seemingly no permanent ill effects; although it did eventually slow down noticeably, I believe this happens to all iPhones at a certain age. 

That said, once I got a new iPhone, I continued to take the 6 into the sauna, since it became somewhat expendable, and since I'd already field-tested it. 

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I swam in the ocean with mine, for about an hour. No problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've taken my Charge 3 to the beach and the pool before, no issues. Today, the device is seems to think I am touching the screen every .5 seconds, and buzzes every time. I've already tried rebooting, is the only option a replacement device?

Best Answer

Most likely you will need a replacement. That is exactly the same thing that happened to my latest Charge 3. The battery will quickly drain and it will never be quite the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just recently went bad from water.  It's worked fine for 2 years but this weekend it started acting wonky and I discovered the moisture. Didn't take it swimming but I did sweat, wash the dog and shower with it. Seems to me, it should hold up to that stuff. — Currently trying to find the warranty. This is a major bummer! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took my first Charge 3 diving to 33 meters. It was dead when I got in the boat.

I've been using my second Charge 3 in my pool for water aerobics to get my steps. It died after 2 months. I wear it on my ankle so it would stay submerged, but only in  4-5 feet of water.

Hope this next replacement lasts longer than the first 2!

Best Answer
0 Votes