Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 alarms not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my Charge 3 for a few months and the silent alarm used to work fine. Over the last few weeks it only works sometimes. I followed advice found in other questions:

• I removed the alarms and synced, added them back and synced, no improvement.
  • I removed them, synced, and then did a reset, synced, added them back and synced. It still only works every once in a while (for example it went off Monday of this week, and then hasn’t gone off Tuesday or Wednesday).

There are a lot of trackers to choose from and I specifically chose the Fitbit because of the silent alarms. I’ve had 2 Charge 2 and had no problems. Is there any chance of getting this fixed or am I going to have to ditch the Charge 3?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A warm welcome to the Community @dmrosales.

Thanks for troubleshooting this alarm issue before contacting us. Upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, just keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

A warm welcome to the Community @dmrosales.

Thanks for troubleshooting this alarm issue before contacting us. Upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, just keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did chat with them yesterday, they had me do a hard reset and a couple of alarms went off yesterday, but then today it’s not working again. I’ve followed all of the recommended solutions and it’s still not working like it should be. I’m at a loss at this point, as I mentioned it’s one of the key reasons I stayed with fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @dmrosales.

Since you have already a case created with our support team, I recommend keeping in touch with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, just be aware of your inbox for further assistance.

Keep me posted. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is tagged as "solved"?

I've owned a Charge 3 almost since its introduction.  I no longer have any confidence in the reliability in the Alarm feature.  There have been several firmware updates, none of which have resolved this issue.  Is there a permanent solution identified?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

I agree, nothing worked to fix the alarms on my charge 3, since it was under warranty I was offered a replacement or the opportunity to get a versa at 1/2 off. I chose the versa and it works perfectly. I think it was marked as solved because for me it was solved by a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same issue. My alarms worked fine for me until a few days ago. The buzzer works as I get the move alerts and it buzzes when I press the button, but no alarms.

Is there a fix for this yet or do I need to contact support?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would contact support. Mine never did work, since it was under warranty I switched to a versa, they covered 1/2 of the cost...everything works fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed that when I added a new alarm it worked OK, but the old ones didn't work. This was following a  firmware update. So I deleted the old alarms and re-created them and all is fine now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

did they fix this for you? They replaced my first fitbit and now the second one is having the same issue. I am so done!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They offered me either a replacement charge or 1/2 off a versa, I went with the versa and it has worked great. No problems and I like it much better than the charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No response from Fitbit, and still happening intermittently.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem has returned for me. The alarms now randomly don't work. 

Best Answer

Do you have to turn it on every evening to make sure it goes off in the morning?  Mine used to be set to go off every day When I set it from my phone. Since the software update you now update it from the Fitbit itself and it seems to only set for one day at a time and I can’t work out how to set it to go off every day.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also got my second Fitbit for that same reason, I need my silent alarms. About a month ago my PM alarm stopped working while the other one ( in the morning continued to work ) I did a hard reset, deleted the alarms and put them back on, nothing has work. I think I still have warranty and I am ready to return this watch!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the update my alarms don’t work. I tried resetting it on the watch itself but still doesn’t work. The feature of turned my on when you roll your wrist has not worked for a while. Guess now I just have an expensive dumb watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a guess but if you try disabling all your alarms, syncing, enabling all your alarms and then syncing again that may do it. Failing that try deleting all your alarms then re-doing them.

For turning on the display when you roll your wrist.... press and hold the button on the side and ensure that the one for Screen Wake is lit up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry now can’t even find alarms on my watch. I’m pretty frustrated. It’s not on the app it seems and no alarm symbols show up on the watch now. Just end and the light symbol. Where it how do I find the alarm setting? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all that and called tech support but I’m still having problems .

Paola Faust
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

From the time screen swipe left 3 times and alarms is at the top

Best Answer
0 Votes