Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 and 2 catastrophic failure at the one year mark

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had a Charge 2 that died just before the warranty was about to expire (one year). It started flashing red and green and buzzing constantly until it wore the battery down to nothing. I reached out to FitBit and, because it was still under warranty, they sent me a Charge 3. Nice ... except it did the exact same thing one year later, only this time it was one month over warranty. FitBit had me reset the unit which solved the flashing/buzzing issue but disabled its functionality. It no longer tracked heartrate or sleep. When I contacted FitBit to relay the info, they gave me the equivalent of a shrug and wished me luck. I am now left to write reviews to inform people not to expect FitBit products to last one moment beyond the prescribed warranty period or they are likely to be sorely dissatisfied. VERY disappointed, FitBit!

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

My Charge 3 went black and is basically useless! It was slightly over 2 years and all Fitbit would do is give me a 35% discount off a new Fitbit! I'm not spending any more money on Fitbits because they don't last and Fitbit does NOT stand behind their products! There's either a defect with the Fitbits or they design them to self destruct in less than 2 years so people have to run out and buy another one! Either way, no more Fitbits for me!! I am spreading the word to everyone I know as I think this company is pretty shady!

Best Answer