Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 and 4 long lasting realibility problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a long time user. I like the first Fitbit i bought so much that I bought a couple for family and friends.

I am curious.

So far i bought 3x Charge 3, 1x Charge 4, 1x Versa 2, 1x Versa 4 and 1 DeLuxe.

It seems that Fitbit product has built in programmable obsolescence at 2 years :

the first 3 lasted 25 months and the screen became scrambled. The second 3 had a dim screen, but the HR sensor died before the display became completely unreadable at 23 months. The 4 is now having a barely readable display inside the house after 24 months. 3 out of 4 Charge came unusable in the first 2 years... This is bad quality or...

The Versa and Deluxe did not reach 2 years yet, so, no comment on them

but i searched posts about problems at 2 years or less. It seems that most models are plagued with it. Any of you are experimenting long-lasting quality problems at the 2 years level?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I am a long time user. I like the first Fitbit i bought so much that I bought a couple for family and friends.

I am curious.

So far i bought 3x Charge 3, 1x Charge 4, 1x Versa 2, 1x Versa 4 and 1 DeLuxe.

It seems that Fitbit product has built in programmable obsolescence at 2 years :

the first 3 lasted 25 months and the screen became scrambled. The second 3 had a dim screen, but the HR sensor died before the display became completely unreadable at 23 months. The 4 is now having a barely readable display inside the house after 24 months. 3 out of 4 Charge came unusable in the first 2 years... This is bad quality or...

The Versa and Deluxe did not reach 2 years yet, so, no comment on them

but i searched posts about problems at 2 years or less. It seems that most models are plagued with it. Any of you are experimenting long-lasting quality problems at the 2 years level?

Best Answer