Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 band latch stuck pressed in

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 band latch got stuck while I was trying to change out the bands too my accessory bands and I haven’t been able to find any way to get it unstuck. I’ve tried everything I could think to and still got no give. It seems to just be jammed with no way to be released. This forces the band to be pushed out even if it is pushed all the way on till it can’t be any more

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome to the Community Forums @Zombiegamer935. Thanks for the steps you tried so far in order to remove your bands.

Fitbit Charge 3 have 2 detachable wristbands (top and bottom) that you can replace with accessory bands sold separately. To remove and replace the bands on both sides:

1. Turn over your tracker and locate the two wristband latches—there’s one on each end where the wristband meets the frame.
  2. To release a latch, press down on the flat button on the strap.​
    User-added image
  3. Gently pull the wristband away from the tracker to release it.​
    User-added image
  4. Remove the wristband on the other side. If you’re having trouble or if it feels stuck, gently move the wristband back and forth to release it.
  5. To attach a wristband, slide it on the end of the tracker until you feel it snap into place, then repeat on the other side. If you have trouble attaching the wristband or if it feels loose, gently move the wristband back and forth to make sure it is attached to the tracker. 

User-added image

Give this a go and let me know the outcome, I'll be around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I looked at this before hand and it didn’t seem to help. I had to de jam it with a flat piece of metal and I have to get something to make sure it can’t be something lodged inside or anything like that

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Zombiegamer935, thanks for getting back. 

As per the description of your post, I'm not quite sure if you did manage to remove the bands? Did you put the new ones already?

I'm looking forward to your response.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar problem. Band was hard to remove and once it was off the latch on one side is stuck in depressed position. Would WD40 help?

Best Answer

This happened to my husband because he didn't clean the band regularly and it built up a disgusting layer of sweat/oil/skin.  I forced one side off and cleaned it, but the band piece wouldn't stay on when reattached.  I couldn't get the other band off without excessive force and gave up because I thought I'd broken the other side by forcing it.  I bought him a new Fitbit and then decided it didn't matter if I forced the other band off the "old" Fitbit as well.  I cleaned all the junk off both ends and then decided "the heck with it" and used soap, water and a bristle brush cleaner to do a deeper clean.  After I dried it, both bands were reattached and stayed just fine.  So now we have an extra FitBit for backup.

Best Answer

I had the same issue. One side wouldnt release the wrist band. I forced it down and it stayed depressed. The band had been clogged with various gunk. My solution was to soaked it in peroxide which did the trick. Was able to work the button out. No issues since. 

Best Answer

I play a lot of tennis and my band broke while playing. I could not budge the strap connection. Using peroxide seemed to help a good bit. I still had to do some prying to get one side off and I think I broke a piece off of the Fitbit side. I don't think this was the best design. An earlier model had a metal release on the strap side I think. I am sort of surprised how gunked up the Fitbit strap connection was. I guess I missed the memo on cleaning, especially when using it with activities where extreme wrist movement is involved. Time to try another brand because by the time I purchase a new band the Fitbit will die.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you just soak the whole fitbit in peroxide? didn't it ruin anything else? I am curious because mine just went off warranty and the band broke. I have the spare band but can't get the old one off on one side.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did not soak it in peroxide but that sounds like a good idea. I got one
side off and did get to see how disgustingly dirty it gets at the
connection site. The other end simply broke while pulling to get it off.
Try the peroxide with a Q-tip or soaking just the connection area.
Definitely not the electronic sensor area.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

My latch was stuck 'down' also. I got a small dish of hydrogen peroxide and dipped the stuck end in it just shy of the sensors. It bubbled like mad and I used an old toothbrush to scrub it. Then rinsed with water and repeated a couple of times. It took about 5 minutes to slowly come to the 'up' position. I  did a few more rounds for good luck and voila! Good as new, except the small wing I broke off on the push latch getting the band off initially. Minor.

I sweat a lot and was cutting firewood and brush for fire clearance and must have totally gunked it up.

What started the process was when the buckle broke off from wear. I have used the FitBit daily for a year. Love it.

Best Answer
Good job. Yes I like the Fitbit battery life. I do not take mine off much so it gets all kinds of gunk. I might clean it regularly with peroxide and a tooth brush so if I need to change the band it won’t be a major project!! Good input guys!

Sent from tfits iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly Fitbit support stated the band jamming happens often and there is nothing to do about it but buy a nee one. I love the Fitbit product but since they keep breaking shortly after the 12 month warranty is over I am now searching for alternatives. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @Lafmia Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you very much for loving our Fitbit products and for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment.

On a side note, I appreciate your understanding but I'd like to let you know that replacement devices are provided for products within the warranty period. If your original Charge 3 is no longer under warranty a discount could be an available option but some conditions and requirements should be met. For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty.

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am aware of Fitbit 12 month warranty because at least four of my past Fitbit’s have broken after only 13-18 months.. Watches that cost $150-$200 really should last longer or the warranty should last longer.  

Best Answer

@Lafmia Thank you for your reply. 

I understand how you are feeling and I appreciate the feedback provided. If you still have any additional questions or comments, please note that you can also mention these to our Support Team and they will be glad to provide information and assistance. 

On a side note, this thread is now closed and if you have any other questions, please post them in a new thread. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes