Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 band not staying on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

One of the flat buttons on the wristband latches got stuck when pressed down to release the strap. Now it does not lock the strap in place. How do I get this fixed.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Community Forums @PalithaRodrigoTo make sure you've attached the band correctly, please press it into the end of the tracker until you feel it snap into place.

If you have trouble attaching the wristband or if it feels loose, gently move the wristband back and forth to make sure it's attached to the tracker. 

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem: the button for releasing the band on one side of my Charge 3 is stuck in the 'depressed' position, meaning that the two lugs meant to hold the band in place are retracted and the band therefore keeps coming undone. I attach two photos, one of the end where the button is OK and the other where you can clearly see it's pushed down and stuck. Is there any way to free it up?

Fitbit band attachment OK.jpgFitbit band attachment stuck.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah. it's OK - I fiddled with it some more and managed to free the button, so it seems to be working again now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @SageShiatsu, thanks for stopping by. Thanks for letting us know how you managed it to work again. 😉 

I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, would you mind sharing how you freed the depressed button?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hiya, I discovered there was a little bit of grit caught in one of the
clips and I used a toothpick to ease it out. Everything was fine after that.
Hope you get it solved!
Alison
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to apply a cotton q-tip with rubbing alcohol and clean with a fine needle, then it finally depressed, with the help of tweezers used backwards to push it down, I could then swap my band out. There was build up that needed cleaning.

Best Answer

Mine were also stuck down and new bands wouldn't stay on. Alcohol on a q-tip and a safety pin to pry the button up several times finally cleaned it out and works fine now. I do a lot of dirty work and my fitbit catches a lot of it, apparently off my wrist from below.

Best Answer
Thanks; I did much the same and did manage to solve it, thank you.
Alison
Best Answer

THANK YOU, THANK YOU,  thank you!! Trying to get this one side of the strap off almost made me lose my Christianity. I tried all the suggestions. Yours worked. I only had witchhazel. No alcohol. I applied that with a Qtip and allowed sime of the liquid to sit a while. When the strap finally came off, there was all this gunk in there. I cleaned it real good and my new strap went on no problem. 

Best Answer

I’m so happy I could help! Yay!

Best Answer