Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My HR Charge 3 doesn't seem to hold its charge for longer than 3 days, is this a common fault. Was working well until 2 weeks ago holding charge for 7 days.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
186 REPLIES 186
If you let it set on the desk and don’t wear it the battery lasts 3 weeks but if you can’t use it along with the the advertised features why have it. ???????

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Actually mine died whether so use it or not. Went on vacation for a week & didn’t take it. It was dead when I tried to wear it again. It is frustrating for sure!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m hoping Fitbit will change my unit out before the warranty expires. It’s never held a charge from the beginning with minimal functions enabled.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Charge 3 SE has started doing the same. I was enjoyed up to ten days on a full charge until just a couple weeks ago. I'm now getting only three days between changes. I've restarted and nothing changed. I installed the recent update and it looks like I'm still losing more than 25% battery per day now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my charge 3 for less than a month and it is already draining extremely quickly

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been experiencing the same problem that you have mentioned. Have you received any solution to this predicament?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that's the way the battery drain happens. If you look at my original description of the issue the battery when charged full at 100% would drop by 5-6% and be at 94% after 10-15 minutes. That was my issue. But I let it drop as it is  and I am now consistently getting 5-6 days of battery life in one single charge to 100%.  I although have disabled notifications and all day sync features though!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just charge it every few days
⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly! What is the point of having this device if you can’t use all of its features? I’ve got plenty of watches.
It was a gift otherwise I would have returned it. Going to use it as yet ‘another watch’ and keep charging it every third day. I appreciate getting phone messages on the Fitbit and knowing how much I’m walking. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Charge 3 for about two months now.  I originally was able to get a full week out of one charge, and I wore it non-stop.  About three weeks ago I did an update, and ever since then it only lasts 24 hours.  I've been through all the settings, and I don't see anything that I can change to increase battery life back to the way it was.  This is unfortunate since it was a gift, and now I will most likely end up taking it back.

Best Answer
Have you gone through the FitBit help line to try and get a new one
Best Answer
I called in a have a replacement Fitbit Charge 3 SE on the way to me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

They replaced mine as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spoke with customer support. They wanted me to reset, change a few settings, and go through a complete battery cycle to see if it helped. Unfortunately it has not. I was at 100% last night. It has been 21 hours, and I'm already at 29‰. I sit in a cubical all day. There is no way it should be this drained. I'll be contacting customer service later tonight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck both my replacement were worse than the one I originally had

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

They are sending my replacement.  It was fairly painless.  Just had to fill out a form to prove when and where I originally bought it.  Based of previous posts, I'll should be getting it sometime next week.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Excellent
They are trying to resolve some of the prolems they have had with the product.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my replacement Fitbit last week and everything as been fine. I’ve just noticed my battery dropping charge again fast. 

I’ll keep you updated.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for letting me know. I do fear a replacement will be as bad or worse.
I’ve always killed watches with batteries. Maybe this is a similar problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I've a charge 3 and today I've chatged it twice and still needs a further charge. Not even 6 months as yet. Very frustrating as I love the product, but 6 months and it's failing isn't good. 

Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes