Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 battery draining fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

For the past 2 days, i am observing that i am losing my fitbit charge 3 battery life very quickly. I am starting my day with 95% battery after a charge of 1.5 hour but by the end of the day only 10% battery life is remaining.

Have restarted the Charge3 again but still no luck, please let me know how to fix this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

The email I received from support thanked me for trying to resolve the problem through the forum and they hoped it was resolved. 😞  They asked me to update the app ... which according to Google Play is up-to-date.

Today I came back to see if the Firmware update had resolved my Charge 3 issues, but NO it's got worse.  Now I haven't got any information displaying on the clock face ... so how I can tell what is happening?

Following the recommendation that I change the clock face, although the Charge 3 is syncing successfully; all I get told is that the Charge 3 can't be found - switch it on.  Without being able to see the clock face, how can I know whether it is on or off???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Normaurcia ... did you get a reply about how to get a refund?

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE - after many emails between myself and support, they are replacing my Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been a resolution to this issue other than Charge 3 replacement.  Just yesterday, after a complete charge, my Charge 3 started discharging at a rate that the battery dies in <2 hours.  My Charge 3 was completely dead this morning when I woke up forcing me to workout without it.  I have charged it 3 times in 4 hours (because the battery was under 5%), and each time before charging, I followed (or verify settings) in all steps listed in the post "Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?" as suggested by AlejandraFitbit in message #49 of this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish you luck! I bought my first charge 3 6 months ago June 2019. I am currently wearing my fourth charge 3 on my arm. I had one battery death and three Bluetooth death, with Fitbit replacing them. Now all of the live sinking items like heartbeat and steps that supposed to sink all the time with the app has stopped functioning completely and they're telling me I have to go buy a new phone cuz I have to have Android 8.0 or higher this phone is only 1 year old!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally gave up. They replaced mine once. The second one was having same
issues plus Bluetooth problems. I had already replaced my android Galaxy
phone with an iPhone. I am now a proud owner of an Apple Watch. If you
want some of the same functions, Apple 3 series offers them. It’s close
enough to the same price, made it worth the switch. I love my Apple Watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using my Charge 3 last 12 months. It was all good and impressive battery life of 4 - 5 days.

starting today the battery will drop from 100% to 10% in couple of hours. I haven’t done any changes in the app or the way I use it.

i know some of the phone manufacturers forcing customers to buy a new one, by draining the battery life.

hope I am not running in to a similar situation with my Fitbit here 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been chasing this issue on my Charge3 and I think the root cause is that FitBit recently removed the option to turn off ‘all day sync’ and likely increased the sync rate with the phone to resolve app notification issues. This results in a constant drain on the Fitbit, which in my case has taken it from lasting a week to a day. No solution yet... resetting, restoring to defaults, clock face choice haven’t worked. Issue coincided with the app being updated on my iPhone. Best we can do as a community is complain and hope they properly support their devices before the extra charging cycles destroy the battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am done complaining. I went and bought an Apple Watch. I love it! I
recommend everyone do the same. You can get a series 3 for around the same
price as a the charge 3.
Best Answer
I did more than complain. I posted a video of my Fitbit becoming an
electron a smoothie in my vita mix blender.
Best Answer

I currently have a Charge 3 that is a replacement for the one that started with the battery nonsense last year.  It's been 13 months since I received the replacement and it started doing the exact same thing 2 days ago. After charging to 100% it dies within 6 hours. I've decided to try the Inspire HR (because there's a $30 off sale right now) but if I'll be marking my calender. If I get the same battery issues within 18 months I'll be moving onto a Samsung Fit.

Best Answer
Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm done with Fitbit as well.  My Charge 3 died within a year.  This was the replacement for the first Charge 3, which died within six months.  Since it was beyond a year from the original warranty, they would not send me another replacement.  All they would offer is a discount on another Fitbit, except of course for the Charge 4.  I never received the discount offer email either.  So, bye bye!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my Charge 3. It is only 1.5 years old. All out of a sudden, following a full charging to 100% , the battery life was very fast depleted all the way down to 0% within perhaps less than 1 hour. I tried cleaning the contacts as you suggested but the problem persists. In any case this is not an issue of the watch not caring; it is charging fully to 100% but as soon as you take it off the power the battery life drains extremely fast. Is there a solution to this problem? Is the battery ruined? Can someone repair this? Or is my fitbit permanently useless now?

Please provide a clear explanation of what options I have. 

Many thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Alejandra hi

I have the same problem with my Charge 3. It is only 1.5 years old. All out of a sudden, following a full charging to 100% , the battery life was very fast depleted all the way down to 0% within perhaps less than 1 hour. I tried cleaning the contacts as you suggested but the problem persists. In any case this is not an issue of the watch not caring; it is charging fully to 100% but as soon as you take it off the power the battery life drains extremely fast. Is there a solution to this problem? Is the battery ruined? Can someone repair this? Or is my fitbit permanently useless now?

Please provide a clear explanation of what options I have. 

Many thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have no idea. I bought an Apple Watch because they couldn’t remedy my
problem. I love the Apple Watch! Around the same cost for Apple Watch 3 as
for the Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
In my case they offered a discount on a replacement. Best I could determine is a firmware update caused a battery failure given the timing of events. Not a great solution, but it works.

Won’t join the debate over Fitbit vs iWatch as they each have their pros and cons, though I’ve replaced batteries on my iWatch, will need to see if the Fitbit battery is easier to service in my own.
Best Answer

Thank you @FlyingLlama ... that's what they have done with me in the past ... mine is a screen display misfunction and it does not matter what I do, it won't clear.

Best Answer
0 Votes