Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 battery is draining too fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2 weeks ago my charge 3 started blinking, changing screens, and buzzing after a run. That same day it wouldn't stop buzzing until the battery died. I eventually went home home to plug into the charger and it wouldn't charge or turn on even when I tried the various reset methods. Since I couldn't get it to charge for a few days I took it to a fitbit station at Macy's which the worker there was able to get it to come back on and charge.

However, the battery wouldn't last more then 2 hours and I would have to charge it over and over again just to use it. Last week my charge 3 did the same buzzing until it died and I haven't been able to use it since then. I've tried the reset methods again and the only thing it does now is buzz once, show the smiley face, then goes back off. Also, connecting it to my phone won't work and I haven't been able to update it.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @chrisamthom, thanks for coming back and following the tips and recommendations I've provided. 

Since none of the steps you tried have worked, I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon! 

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Community Forums @chrisamthom! Thanks for reporting to us about the battery drain on your Charge 3. Also, thanks for restarting your device in order to solve the issue. 

Please let your device to run out of battery to charge it again. Keep an eye on it to see how the battery goes. You can also see: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life? 

We recommend to charge your trackers via the USB port over a wall adapter. However, it is also possible to charge your Fitbit tracker with a UL certified wall adapter. What may actually cause damage to the tracker's battery (either on a computer or a wall adapter) is the charging time, which if excessive over time may damage the battery and therefore cause quick battery drain or prevent the tracker from charging at all. 

Tips to best charge Fitbit trackers are:

• Use only genuine Fitbit charging cables
  • Use only UL-certified wall chargers
  • Avoid USB battery packs
  • Charge at room temperature

For charging purposes, your charging cable can be plugged into any USB power source, including but not limited to:

• A computer
  • A Wall A/C to USB adapter, commonly found with smartphones
  • A DC to USB adapter (vehicle power port)

If the battery keeps draining faster than expected, can you please let me know which clock face are you using? Also, try using a different one and monitor the battery life afterwards to see if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have it on mod clock date and tried to switch it to charge 2 retro and it won't load because my charge 3 won't charge. It only does the buzz, show the smiley face, then goes off. I usually charge it with the cable it came with either on a computer or my wall charging port.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @chrisamthom, thanks for coming back and following the tips and recommendations I've provided. 

Since none of the steps you tried have worked, I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon! 

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 Battery is experiencing the same issues. Will not hold a charge and drains rapidly. Please advise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes