Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 battery short life and lines on screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Suddenly my charge 3 started vibrating without reason. So I took it off but the screen locked, turned black and didn't respond.

I tried as suggested to restart and plugging the charging cable. 

But nonetheless, I couldn't restart it, because everytime I tried to push the side button (even when it was charging), my fitbit didn't stop vibrating and additionally I couldn't sync it the fitbit app

Finally I decided to wait till it run out of battery and turned off.

I tried the next day, but again it didn't stop vibrating, so then I waited 4 more days.

Finally it charged and turned on, but, now it has 2 black lines at the top of the screen, and the battery lasts no longer than 4 hours.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Daniela.M-fitbi.

I am sorry to hear your Charge 3 tracker has 2 black lines at the top of the screen, and the battery is draining faster than expected. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I recommend trying the following:

1. Confirm the steps to restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Long restart:  
  • Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

For tips to prevent battery drain, please see this help article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 is doing the same thing. It won't sync to my phone. The display is all jacked up. Now it acts like it is not taking a charge.  I think I'm done with Fitbit.  There are cheaper products that last longer. The Charge 3 just barely made 2 years. As long as Fitbit has been around you think they would extend the life of their product. I'm done buying Fitbits every two years.

Best Answer