Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black line across the screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently received a Fitbit Charge 3 for Christmas. About a month ago I noticed horizontal lines appearing on the screen. There are 3 lines across the top of the screen (and one across the bottom) making it hard to read the step-count/heart rate. I have tried restarting the Fitbit and the app on my iPhone but have not had any luck. I don’t know what to do now. I love my Fitbit, but the black lines on the screen are greatly impacting the display. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @CBronk, thanks for coming back and letting me know the outcome of the steps I've suggested above. 

I've created a support case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Hey there @H2S! I've checked your support case and it seems that you didn't reply yet to the last email that our Support Team has sent to you. If the steps recommended haven't helped, please make sure to let them know so they can move on into the next step. 

Let me know if you have any questions present, I'll be around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

Welcome to the Community Forums @H2SThanks for troubleshooting the issue with your Charge 3's screen.

I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon!

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you in the meantime. Man Wink

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this problem and have not been able to figure out how to correct it. I got my Fitbit charge 3 in the beginning of February and have not had any issues until the past few weeks. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @CBronk! If you haven't done so, I'd recommend restarting your Charge 3 by following these steps

If the restart doesn't work for you, please check on the Fitbit app if your Charge 3 is still syncing. If so, change the clock face to a different one to see if this brings back the display. 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome, I'll be around and glad to continue assisting you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I tried the restart and
changing the clock face and the lines are still present.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I received an email from support about trying two different restarts. Unfortunately, they were unsuccessful and the lines are still there. I have also tried changing the clock face but nothing is working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you :). Yeah I got a list of things to try as well and nothing worked
for mine either. Its unfortunate because I have owned several different
Fitbits since they first came out and this one has been my favorite by far
😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CBronk, thanks for coming back and letting me know the outcome of the steps I've suggested above. 

I've created a support case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Hey there @H2S! I've checked your support case and it seems that you didn't reply yet to the last email that our Support Team has sent to you. If the steps recommended haven't helped, please make sure to let them know so they can move on into the next step. 

Let me know if you have any questions present, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue on my Charge 3 that I also got back around Christmas. I am up to about 10 lines across the face. I have tried the reset steps but nothing helps. What is my next step?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @markj1972! Thanks for already restarting your Charge 3 in order to fix the issue with the lines on the screen. 

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit has already contacted me and resolved the issue.
Thank you. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @CBronk! I'm very happy to hear that tour Support Team has solved the issue after contacting you. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

I hope you guys have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did it get resolved? Mine's doing the same thing. I restarted it and lines are still there. I actually think it's getting worse. I'll try another restart and change the clock face but I was just wondering what you did to fix the problem.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @TwoJays017. I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting your Charge 3's display. 

Since none of the steps you tried have worked, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. Man Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MarreFitbit,

I am having the same issues as CBronk, I have reset my charge 3, saw the smiley face and vibrate on screen but lines did not go away. I also went through and changed my clock face a couple of times. What are the next steps?

Thanks in advance,

Derek

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same issue. Had the device for all of 2 months before I started noticing the lines. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this problem with my Fitbit Charge 3 that I purchased back in January. I have tried restarting it several times but they are still there.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with mine. Help please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues and have tried restarting and changing the clock face. The lines are still there. Any help is appreciated. I love my Charge 3, but it does affect the display greatly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went to the Fitbit support chat and talked with someone and they were able to help me. Mine unfortunately needed to be replaced and they were able to help me with that.
Best Answer
0 Votes