Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black lines on the screen and warranty has now expired

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Fitbit Community, long time/first time! Upgraded to a Charge 3 about a year ago, and last October, it broke. Fitbit, to their credit, quickly sent me a new device, and have used it for 3 months now. Then, yesterday, the screen developed black lines across the watch face. I tried the hard reset, recharging, etc. and nothing. Went to this forum and saw that the issue is pretty visible. Anyway, in talking to the FB Support today, went through all the steps, and we couldn't resolve it. (Weirdly, when I reset it and got to the "smile" icon, there were no lines through the smile - not sure if that's helpful?).

To solve the issue, the FB Support person said my 3 month old device is no longer in warranty because the warranty is only on the first year of the FIRST device. In exchange, they could only offer me a discount to a new device. I am thoroughly discouraged and hoped someone on this forum has a better answer somewhere?

Again, I don't want a new device, I'm perfectly happy with my current one, I just want to be able to use it. If someone has found some secret reset button process that would fix it, let's do it!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @Glegly, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Charge 3 and for already trying to fix it with our Fitbit Chat Support. 

We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Regarding your inquiry about other ways to fix your Charge 3's screen, I'm afraid you've already covered all ways possible to fix it with our Support Team.

Thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Your device is out of the warranty period, and therefore is not eligible for repair or replacement, but we want to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

Please note that our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can.

Keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. For more information about the outcome of your case, please get in touch with our team again or you can also check our warranty policies (fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty) for a better understanding of the information that was provided to you. 

Have a nice day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

A company’s consumer product warranty is designed to show its consumers that the company has complete faith in its products, and that their consumer’s money is well spent and protected by investing in their product versus all the other competitors. What this warranty policy shows instead is that Fitbit does not have complete faith in its products, and that an issue that appears to be pretty common - to the point that a post referencing screen issues was pinned to the top of the community page - isn’t being supported. For someone who has been a loyal Fitbit user for years, going on my 3rd device, this development is really discouraging. You have millions of users so losing one user isn’t going to hurt your business one bit. But you’ve lost me.

Best Answer
0 Votes