Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black screen and unresponsive

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My FitBit Charge 3 died earlier today whilst i was at work. I placed the device on charge for over an hour and a half and the thing is still unresponsive. No battery indicator on the screen, no vibration when plugged into charger. I have only had the device for less than a week.

Can you please advise ASAP

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Hi

My Charge 3 Fitbit is acting out! Black screen, unresponsive! Pressing the button on the side and it vibrates but that’s about all.

I’ve had my fitbit for about 1.5-2months.

thank you,

Andreea

Best Answer
0 Votes

3/10/19

I took the band off and plastic protector I have off.  Cleaned all connectors, band, and charger commector.  Connected my fitbit and pressed button for 8 to 10 seconds and finally got my smiley face and screen back to life.   I tried multiple ways prior with my band on without and with the screen protector and without.  

My issues were when I went to charge it once charged it went black.  Had flashing green light and would sync all my steps etc to my app.  Just no screen.  

I believe i was using a faulty plug compiled with the plastic screen protector that contributed to a inadequate connection.

I have been with fitbit since before they even had the original out yet.  I still have hope for their product and very happy it is fully functional again.

Karen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last night my fitbit charge 3 was working till around 8:30pm. The screen went black and did not turn on, so I put it in the charger and tried to restart it this morning and it still nothing please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

contact the Fitbit team via the online helper, they were great in troubleshooting but ended up sending me a replacement 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, I have tried to reset multiple times and the fitbit will vibrate but the screen stays black. When I open the app, it says that the fitbit is connected, when I try to change the clock face it says that it is having problems connecting to the fitbit. This morning there was a red light on the fitbit the first time I tried to reset, now there are no lights.

I have had to reset this fitbit multiple times and it is constantly not syncing with my app. At first I was thinking it might be my phone, but now I'm convinced this fitbit is defective as I have had it for less than six months. Can you please advise as to how to resolve this issue, and if it cannot be resolved can it be replaced? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact support, they are very helpful and will sort you out.

https://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I already spoke with them and they have sent me an email to request a replacement.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit screen is black and non responsive.  It does reset (horizontal lines with "smiley face") when being charged but nothing off charger.  Have tried all the recommendations on the Fitbit forum without success.  Purchased February 2019 & have receipt.  Please let me know what I need to do to get it repaired.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, 

My Fitbit keeps vibrating and showing the smiley face every 5 seconds but no progress after that. It has been on charge for the last 3 hours. I have tried the suggestions of holding the button for 10 sec and releasing to no avail. 

Help please. 

Best Answer

No, mine is the same. It may be a dud design

Best Answer
0 Votes