Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black screen and white line

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fit bit unusable - on the screen all I see if a white line . I rebooted and nothing helped.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Jejohnson, welcome on board. It's good that the community is growing!

I'm sorry that your Charge 3 isn't working, and thanks for having tried the restart. You did a great job! There are other steps that have worked for other users, so let's try them together. First, I'd recommend to change the clock face on your device. If the lines are still on the screen, please perform a long restart with the following steps:

1. Plug your device back into the charging cable and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  2. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  3. The device turns off.
  4. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  5. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  6. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Hi @Jejohnson, welcome on board. It's good that the community is growing!

I'm sorry that your Charge 3 isn't working, and thanks for having tried the restart. You did a great job! There are other steps that have worked for other users, so let's try them together. First, I'd recommend to change the clock face on your device. If the lines are still on the screen, please perform a long restart with the following steps:

1. Plug your device back into the charging cable and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  2. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  3. The device turns off.
  4. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  5. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  6. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Wink

Best Answer

I tried this resolution. 

I tried the basic reboot. 

I tried logging out of the app, force closing the app, removing it and trying to connect it to my phone. The only thing what I haven't tried is changing clock face, but I cannot do it since it won't connect to my device - neither Samsung S9+, nor iPhone 6s+). Android at least seas the device but do not recognizes its name, so - doesn't know it is fitbit. I have run out of the options. 

Best Answer

Hi there @Belamondo, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for reporting your Charge 3's behavior and for taking the time to performed the steps you mentioned.

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and that they have helped you with this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for updates on your case. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to help you. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  Everything was fine until charged it last evening.  When I put it back on the screen had vertical lines.   Tried rebooting and restarting.  Please advise with next steps

Best Answer

Im having the same issue tried the options still black screen doesn't even shoe the battery or smiley face

any help would be appreciated 

thanks

Best Answer

Hi @Joolscodling and @johnmcd68, welcome here! I appreciate you've taken the time to restart your Charge 3 devices as suggested. 

Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi just curious how you fixed your fit bit charge 3.  

I have mine on the charger, hold for 15sec line appears across. Then freezes.. no smile face.

Best Answer

Hi there @Chow0709, welcome on board. I'm sorry for the late response. Thanks for trying to fix your Charge 3's display prior to contacting us. 

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and that they have helped you with this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for updates on your case. 

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

Did you find a solution to this. I have exactly the same problem. 

Any help is appreciated 

Thanks

Brian

Best Answer
They had to send me a new unit. It was under warranty

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes they sent me a new watch as it was under warranty
Hope you get sorted

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of the suggestions to get rid of the white lines on my Fitbit, and nothing has worked.  Very frustrating!!!  PLEASE HELP

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I did everything they told me but no luck. They sent me a new watch in the end as still under warrenty.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all this and no help, still lines across the face it isn't responding as well as it should now either

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not work. Restarted several time. The faded white background on the screen just appeared while charging.

Best Answer

this just happened to me over night, and fitbit only has a one year warranty and i am out of warranty so they are giving me a discount on a new device which i dont think is fair

Best Answer

I am having the same problem, purchased it in November 2019.  I have tried rebooting it and tried changing clock face.  Need help please. 

Best Answer

please help, I am having the same problem and rebooted and it did not work

Best Answer

I am in the same situation.  My fit bit is 15 months old and the black screen and white lines appeared when I woke up.  I went through the whole reboot thing with the customer service representative and nothing worked.  They sent me a 25% discount for a new one.  I don't think that is sufficient.  It's insulting.  

Best Answer