Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sometime between 6am-10am my Fitbit Charge 3 just stopped working. The screen is black and the button is unresponsive. I have had issue in the past few weeks where it would randomly do this but only for a few minutes at a time. It has now been hours and my Fitbit never turned back on. I followed the steps in the troubleshooting and plugged my Charge 3 into my PC but it still never turned back on.

Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
300 REPLIES 300

Free replacement received today. Let's see how long this one works for!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

N2C Did you ask for a replacement or did they offer it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

They offered me the replacement after trying and failing to reset it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called and after some back and forth they’re sending me a replacement too. Of course my warranty expired last month.

Please let us know how it well/long it works.....I have my doubts. He explained ZERO warranty on the replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tyey said they would replace it, I didn't ask.Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Black screen. Tried reboot without success. It still  syncs  And records everything but I have a black screen. Help?!?

Best Answer

which face did you choose?  It's still not working for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything and my screen remains blank. I don't know what else to do. This is so frustrating because it does this all the time. Every other time, charging or resetting the device has worked but now nothing does. Please help.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
Hi. I documented everything as I was trying to solve the problem I had with a black screen. This included deleting and reinstalling the app, holding the button in for 8 seconds, then for 15 seconds, neither of which fixed the problem. I let it completely run out of battery, then recharged, still didn't work. I then finally contacted Fitbit.com. I received a phone call back, was asked a lot of questions about what I had done so far. They had no suggestions to add that I hadn't already tried. I was then told, as my Charge 3 was only 7 months old, it would be replaced. The new Charge 3 is working well so far, and I am very satisfied with this outcome. I wish you well in fixing the problem with your Charge 3.Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer

I am having the same problem, my screen is totally black I have tried everything on the forum but alas not a sausage, will try again later.... any other ideas ? It’s not even a year old, I’ve not had much luck with Fitbits just had to have another strap replaced....

Best Answer

Hi 

I have tried the above and also tried to change my clock screen on the app and my charge 3 is still showing a blank screen.

Any chance you can please help? 

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

Sadly I can't.  My Fitbit has completely died now less than 18 months old.  I gave up on it about three months ago.  It was fine for a bit then nothing.  Strangely still registered my data which I could see through my phone, but nothing on the screen!

Minty

Best Answer
Mine was 1 week old. I got a replacement from the place I ordered it from
Best Answer
0 Votes
I also received a replacement, mine was 7 months old.Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

There are a ton of people claiming the same issue but Fitbit wont admit any wrongdoing. How can all of our charge 3's stop working at the same time and them not claim responsibility. How can we speak to the manager about this?! if they're is no proper resolution or solution to this mess then this will be my last Fitbit and I'll take my money elsewhere 

Best Answer

Hello

this Morning my watch had a blank screen. We then updated With the new firmware. The process worked perfectly through the phone but still nothing on the screen except the progression bar during update. We tried several restarts With different procedures but still not working. 
help 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am just amazed at the lack of responsibility on fitbit's part. They never learned the old customer service adage, "A happy customer tells a few people, a merely satisfied one has little to say, the disappointed customer tells EVERYBODY!!" 

Sad really, I loved my fitbit but I no longer trust this company to do right by me, or anyone else apparently. 

Best Answer

I did they ask for a replacement, they offered me 35%, Why would I buy another one of their products to only have it die shortly after their warranty expires. It would be one thing if I damaged or abused the watch but, this is a straight up a design issue. 

Best Answer
This probably will not get through to you as I apparently have been
black-balled for making derogatory and inflammatory comments on the same
issue but, that was exactly my point of view.

Good luck

Gary
Best Answer