Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sometime between 6am-10am my Fitbit Charge 3 just stopped working. The screen is black and the button is unresponsive. I have had issue in the past few weeks where it would randomly do this but only for a few minutes at a time. It has now been hours and my Fitbit never turned back on. I followed the steps in the troubleshooting and plugged my Charge 3 into my PC but it still never turned back on.

Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
300 REPLIES 300

Hey @NerdLogic and @Lifemary, welcome to the Forums!

It's great to hear that the instructions provided in this thread worked and that your trackers are now working as they should. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Happy stepping! Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

What you said to do worked for my Charge 3.  The smiley face came on and it started working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see new faces @TBone9856, welcome!

It's great to hear that the instructions provided worked and that your tracker is working properly now. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of the suggestions have helped this time. I have plugged it in, held down the power key, seen the smile, gotten the haptic feedback, and the screen doesn't come back. 

I have done this 10+ times. Please advise.

Best Answer

Your next step is to create a support ticket and ref this thread.  I had to do the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You tried to change the clock face in the app, while the watch is synct with your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 has a blank screen, no lights and is hot to the touch.  I have tried plugging it in to the charge cable and plugging it into my pc, holding the button for 8 seconds but have had no response from it.  How do I fix this?  It won't catch fire will it?

Who do I speck with for help?

Best Answer

My Fitbit Charge 3 screen is black, too, but still reading steps. I did all the troubleshooting on the community site, but nothing worked. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

This didn't work, so I'm not sure what to try next.

Best Answer

When it still counts your steps, it means your watch is synced. Did you tried my method changing the clock interface? 

Best Answer
I tried it and the Fitbit vibrated, but the screen is still black. At least I now know how to change the watch face.

Alex
Best Answer
Have you tried different watch faces? Worth a try if nothing else helps 🙂
Best Answer

I get the same problem. Has happened 6 or 7 times. Going into the app and changing the face brings it back. Very annoying 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen is completely black, no smile but fully charged.  It started as a frozen screen and then I put it on the charger and held the button for 8 seconds as suggested.  After numerous attempts the screen went black.  It still vibrated but nothing else.  Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit and we went through all the steps with no luck. I was able to return it and get a new one at no cost to me. Customer service was very helpful, and my new Fitbit works fine. Good luck!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I too contacted them and I just printed out the shipping label to return for a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s great! I really do love Fitbit.

Alex
Best Answer
0 Votes

So my original post worked previously, but my replacement only just 6 months old has done the same thing again, but nothing fixes it this time round, even after recent firmware.  Two Fitbits with in less than nine months both had this blank screen issue.  So frustrating.  Another support case created, hopefully i get the replacement soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Device seems to be syncing but screen is dark. I’ve attempted restart, no success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit is screen is solid black. It was gray first with some shadowing. But 2 weeks ago it is now totally black. 
I have tried the rebooting thing, tried changing the clock face. and noting. Screen is still black! 
is there anything else I can do for it?

it does still sync with my phone and does vibrate. Just have a black screen. 
hoping someone can help me. 

Best Answer