Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sometime between 6am-10am my Fitbit Charge 3 just stopped working. The screen is black and the button is unresponsive. I have had issue in the past few weeks where it would randomly do this but only for a few minutes at a time. It has now been hours and my Fitbit never turned back on. I followed the steps in the troubleshooting and plugged my Charge 3 into my PC but it still never turned back on.

Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
300 REPLIES 300
Request a new one. The screen on the one you have won’t work again. Mine was replaced at no charge and the new one has worked perfectly since I got it In May.

Alex
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is exactly the same. Did you ever get it sorted? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine went black 3 days ago and completely stopped working. I ordered a new one, my third since April 2019. My last one was replaced free of charge, but I didn’t report the issue this time. It’s a good product with some disappointing issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same but is now getting hot when I put it in the cradle

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that and it still doesn’t work

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I sent a email to fitbit there sending a replacement it was 12 months and 1 day old a christmas gift so I had no proof of perches I am over the moon there customer services are brilliant 
Best Answer

What is the email address you sent your request to? I am having the same problem with a black screen ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just followed the link on one of the posts to the help centre x
Best Answer
0 Votes

https://contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

Thanks for your help. I contacted them and they are sending me a new Fitbit 😃

Best Answer
Follow the help links they are brilliant they sent me a label to print off free post
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is still away I haven't heard anything yet they say it can take 5 working days I just miss it cant knock there service thou

Best Answer
0 Votes

They offered to replace my Charge 3 or I can have 50% off a different one. I am thinking about the Versa 2? A friend has one and she loves it. Just not sure if I want something that big. 

But I agree, the service is great!

Best Answer
Oooo that sounds good try one on 1st am still waiting to hear back

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was OK a few days ago, although I do remember seeing a horizontal white line near the top of the display.  I don't remember how much it's worked in between but as of this morning the screen is stone-cold dead as a doornail.  If I push the button, things beep but there's nothing to read.  It should be fully charged, as I had it charging for a while yesterday and again this morning.

USELESS.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lines on screens kinda mean cracked to me I could be wrong think I'd prefer total black screen hope you get it sorted

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, I read the things about trying a reboot.  Tried that tonight while on the car charger, with my phone nearby.  Did get the smiley and the screen did come back.  We'll see how long it stays this way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did the reboot several times.  Got smiley face but screen is still black  Very frustrated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact customer service. They were a great help for me. Mina walked me through everything and determined my Fitbit was broken. I have a new one on the way. Should be here next week 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

this worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes