Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sometime between 6am-10am my Fitbit Charge 3 just stopped working. The screen is black and the button is unresponsive. I have had issue in the past few weeks where it would randomly do this but only for a few minutes at a time. It has now been hours and my Fitbit never turned back on. I followed the steps in the troubleshooting and plugged my Charge 3 into my PC but it still never turned back on.

Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
300 REPLIES 300

This does not work. I've attempted to do this multiple times and the screen is still blank. I still feel my fitbit vibrating. I just find it funny that this happens one month after my 1-year warranty expired.

Best Answer

Request a replacement and you should get a new one at no charge. I love this Fitbit, but the Charge 3 goes wonky way too soon. I'm on my third one in less than a year.

Best Answer
I did after the original one they sent me another one but it lasted 6 hours I was fed up couldn't believe it but they sent me another one straight away cant fault there customer services I could of had a differant device half price but I don't like the look of them "they are square" 🤣

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You've got 2 year warranty hun

Best Answer
0 Votes

The two year warranty only applies if I was living in the UK. Unfortunately I read their limited warranty agreement and it does say 1 year for US residents which is stupid in my opinion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really 😳 why is that? It's the same company same device that's confused the heck out of me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I got sorted the replacement came and buggered up after 6 hours they sent me another one straight away didn't have to mess on sending it back they also offered me half price off a differant one but I stuck with the charge 3 brilliant customer service 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Report it hun they'll send another they did with me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I followed the "best answer" thread and it worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Funny mine was 1yr and 2 days but they sent me a replacement

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've the blank screen issue. I tried restarting and also change the clock face but it didn't help. What should I do next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat. Was out of town for work last week and didn't take my cord. My Fitbit said it was at about 17% on the battery. I new it'd be cutting it close but hoped it would make it until I got home last night. I worked out Wednesday morning - Took it off to shower and when I put it back on, it was "dead". I connected it to the charger last night hoping it just needed to charge but it was still not working this morning. I've tried holding the button for 15 seconds to reset but that won't work either. I got it for Christmas 2018 so I'm just about a month out of warranty too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I can't see the battery icon because the screen isn't working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes

deleted post

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did me for awhile then it died got a replacement thou

Best Answer
0 Votes

Done all that was recommended... Still a black screen... Stopped working about 4 hours ago.

I do get the vibration when plugging in

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue... Can't get it resolved

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried charging... Have tried all recommendations... Nothing happening. As o frustrating as doing my 1000 mile challenge for charity... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sent mine back and got a new one x

Best Answer
0 Votes