Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sometime between 6am-10am my Fitbit Charge 3 just stopped working. The screen is black and the button is unresponsive. I have had issue in the past few weeks where it would randomly do this but only for a few minutes at a time. It has now been hours and my Fitbit never turned back on. I followed the steps in the troubleshooting and plugged my Charge 3 into my PC but it still never turned back on.

Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
300 REPLIES 300

This is exactly what is happening t my Fitbit charge 3!!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
Me too. 🤬🤬

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact customer servises they are good they sent me a new one no messing

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the help, I will contact them tomorrow. K
Best Answer
0 Votes

for two weeks now my charge 3 has a black screen and I don't know if its even charging,

I have followed all the steps that have been suggested. I have seen the smiley face a bunch of times, but after that nothing happens. I sometimes get a straight white line across the black screen but nothing else happens.Very frustrated. Could someone PLEASE help me.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
I followed the instructions from Fitbit but although I followed all their suggestions, we couldn't get it to work. As it was still under warranty they offered a replacement which I accepted. Hope that helps. Their customer service is excellent.
Best Answer
Oooo that's a new one your getting more than I did if I was you I'd enail them see what they can do

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi.

I contacted customer service and they posted a new one to me free of charge. Arrived within 3 days. Think it’s a known fault with them.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh definitely but at atleast they dint mess us about and send a replacement 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi.

I dudnt get a smiley face on mine. So here is what I did with black screen.
Plugged in as if to charge, even though it was fully charged. Pressed the
button, as if I was looking to activate screen. Held it for 8 seconds. Felt
the vibration.

Tried this twice and then it kicked in.
No problems since.

Make sure you feel the vibration.

Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes
I called customer support. I was told to return the Fitbit to the seller.
If this problem occurs within the first 30 days and Fitbit's list of fixes,
that we've all tried on the website, don't work - then it's the seller's
responsibility to refund our money. If it happens after those 30 days, then
Fitbit will work with us, but I don't know what they can or will do to
rectify the situation.

Laura
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi lUra. What is annoying is that there is clearly a problem... They need
to fix it before selling even more.
Good luck with yours
A
Best Answer
0 Votes
Either way the seller or fitbit have to repair or replace the item within the guarantee

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have done these steps many times, different days, and my Charge 3 will not display the screen. It still performs its other duties just fine, but won't let me see the screen. 

Best Answer
I had excellent customer service from Fitbit who decided my fault warranted replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen went dim months ago.  I contacted Fitbit support twice and was told to wait for an app update.  I have no idea how that would fix a dim screen but now my screen has also gone black.  I’ve tried resetting it and it doesn’t help.

Im really not sure I want to spend over $100 on a new one since it failed within 6 months of purchasing it and customer support did nothing to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is not my experience of their customer service. I had an excellent experience. I would try them again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve already been in the phone with them twice. They aren’t going to replace or fix it so I’m not sure how calling them again will help.

Thanks

Eric
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm so surprised. My customer service was excellent.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been doing the same thing.  It's synching okay, and keeping track, but I can't get the screen to light up.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer