Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sometime between 6am-10am my Fitbit Charge 3 just stopped working. The screen is black and the button is unresponsive. I have had issue in the past few weeks where it would randomly do this but only for a few minutes at a time. It has now been hours and my Fitbit never turned back on. I followed the steps in the troubleshooting and plugged my Charge 3 into my PC but it still never turned back on.

Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
300 REPLIES 300

Hello to all.

Sad to finally give up.  This is the second one in a year with same problem... fitbit will not send me a replacement.  Sign.... time to try Apple Watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't blame you
Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact customer support - my replacement comes in 5-7 business days.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your message... second time this happened this year I did not buy another warrenty... did not know... it is only six months old... not covered because it is the replacement.  Boo... don't really want to purchase an Apple Watch... need something because I am a teacher and will be lost without it.

Don't forget to purchase the warrenty....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same "blank" issue.  Have tried everything on this thread to activate the screen - no luck!  Contacted customer service who offered me a discount code to buy another one.  I will not buy another one - this is my third (and last!) Fitbit product.  They clearly know there's a problem but won't make it right.  I've had this one for just over one year and certainly expected it to last more than a year.   Time to move on to a reliable tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Goodness they replaced mine. I found customer service to be excellent.
Best Answer
Thank you... feeling the same way. What other brand of device are you
looking into? I almost went again for the discount... thanks to your post,
I have reconsidered!
Best Answer
0 Votes
As did I!
My plan is to keep the screen off (unless I need to see something like
time, statistics, etc). Perhaps it will last longer this time around.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tired that and it still doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went through steps with Fitbit Technical Support n still same issue n my
warranty expired😢
Best Answer
NOOOOO I got 2 year warranty no extra costSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

My screen is black, I tried the plug it in, press the button (which is responsive) for 8 (and later 15) seconds unplug it, etc.  but it still has no display.  Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s probably done. Contact customer support via email.

Thanks

Eric
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, on chat with customer support now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried that and it still doesn't work.

No smily face, just a blank screen, but it vibrates for a long time randomly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, they offered me a 25% discount on a new one. It’s toast. Still tracks, just no screen.

Margy
Best Answer

I am experiencing the same issue!  I need help and when I tried to contact support they were unavailable due to what is going on in the world.  I want to be able to have my fitbit back to working!  Help please!!! I have done the charging to full battery and the hard reset that was recommended and nothing!  It is still a black screen.  The button only vibrates when I push it when it is plugged in!  It will not vibrate unless it is plugged in!!!! Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try changing the clock face under your settings. I found this answer from someone when mine did this a week or so ago and it worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried that too!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
They told me to buy a new one and gave me a 25% off coupon🙁

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes