Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems my Charge 3 broke down last evening after some 6 days of usage. At around 22:30, when I was reading in bed, it vibrated shortly as if there was a notification. The screen stayed black though; there is no display. From that moment on the Charge 3 has been unresponsive. Screen as well as button doesn't react to touch or presses any more. The heart rate sensor is emitting light constantly (green all the time, instead of slow flicker).

Connecting it to the charger doesn't change anything: no charge indication and symptoms stay the same. So no way to reboot either.

What to do next?

I'll contact my supplier in the evening, have a busy day at work today

HR sensor on all the time...HR sensor on all the time...button and screen don't react to touch or pressesbutton and screen don't react to touch or presses

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
177 REPLIES 177

My screen is blank this morning!  I know it is charged!  What to do?  I hope I don’t have a defective one!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try resetting it. Plug your fitbit into the charger and press and hold the power button on the side for 8 seconds. It should restart for you. If it doesnt, call Fitbit and they can walk you through some additional steps. Good luck! These have proven to be junk in my honest opinion 😕 

Best Answer

Thank you so much AHamilton82!  It worked!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Display went out on mine l noticed last night. Did the reset, thanks for the info, appears good in the charger to the touch. Let it fully charge before putting back on. Time will tell. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this too and it worked as well. This means it is a software problem and this should be marked as the solution until they fix the software. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 hadn't synced since Jan 5th and so I finally got it to sync last night, but the screen would not come on.  I read a number of the posts and tried the following...hooked up the Charge 3 to the charger cradle and pushed the button for 8-10 seconds and it vibrated and a got a smile face, unhooked it and the screen went black and did not come on.  It was fully charged before it went dark, it vibrates briefly when I push the button, but nothing else happens.  There are no lights on the back of the Charge 3.  I seem to be out of options.

Best Answer

I'd call Fitbit support. They'll run through bunch of tests with you & if all else fails they'll send you replacement.  Mine did same thing & wouldn't turn on so they sent me new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can you see it on your phone, click on the fit bit icon ,go to clock face if you can. Change it to a different one  Strangely it fixed mine.
Best Answer
Unfortunately, the Fitbit would not connect to the phone and wouldn't allow me to change the clock face...

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge three had this issue after only being used for two weeks. I've tried restarting it several times and this did nothing, the screen is still completely blank. Very frustrated and disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I spoke with Fitbit and was walked through a few a long restart to no avail. They are relacing the Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me. I contacted support which had me do all the same trouble shooting things over again. Mine would vibrate like a ton as well when you reset it. It took a few hours on the chat line for them to send me a new one. Haven't had any synch issues at all since I got the new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem.  In chat with fitbit I change the clock display and the display on my watch revived.  This was done on my phone:  I clicked on the fitbit icon - upper right corner - it looks like a card.  Then on the Charge 3  device.  Then on the clock faces icon.  Then  I chose  NEW clock face.  I waited a few seconds, the fitbit watch vibrated and suddenly!  There it was!  My display on the watch worked.  Hope it works for you. 

Best Answer

Try changing your clock face to a new one.  (In your fitbit app on your phone.)  Worked for me.

Best Answer
Thank much, did not work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me. I'm glad you tried it, and I'm glad you shared. Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue with the blank screen but everything else about it worked. I tried resetting it and did not help. Just changed the clock display as they suggested and it worked! Thank you for sharing!

Best Answer

Thanks ahamilton82, the trick to hold the button for 8 seconds while charging worked great.  Showed my fitbit was down to 10% charge.  I used to get emails from fitbit with my charge 2 about being low on power.  Maybe I changed something in my preferences.  Thanks for the help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

January 28, 2019

Had this happen to me and I called the FitBit customer service line (877-623-4997) and the very nice lady on the other end walked me through the reset process.
1. Attach FitBit device to the charger (can be hooked up to plug or computer)

2. With the device in charger, press and hold the side button for 12 seconds

3. After 12 seconds, screen should respond with a little smile face

4. You can release pressure on button and device should be reset and working

If that does not work (it did work for me however) the device may be defective or other troubleshooting methods may need to be explored.

As a note, all FitBit devices have a warranty of 1yr from date of purchase.

Hope this helps any others who may experience!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found another fix, if you go into your fitbit app on your phone and change the clock face to something different it reloads the screen 🙂 mines been working again since then. You can always change the clock face back to the previous view after that if you want to.

Best Answer