Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems my Charge 3 broke down last evening after some 6 days of usage. At around 22:30, when I was reading in bed, it vibrated shortly as if there was a notification. The screen stayed black though; there is no display. From that moment on the Charge 3 has been unresponsive. Screen as well as button doesn't react to touch or presses any more. The heart rate sensor is emitting light constantly (green all the time, instead of slow flicker).

Connecting it to the charger doesn't change anything: no charge indication and symptoms stay the same. So no way to reboot either.

What to do next?

I'll contact my supplier in the evening, have a busy day at work today

HR sensor on all the time...HR sensor on all the time...button and screen don't react to touch or pressesbutton and screen don't react to touch or presses

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
177 REPLIES 177

Just wanted to pitch in, I know this is an older thread, but I found a different solution to the same problem.

I had the same issue, my screen went blank, and everything else was working. I fixed it by changing the clock face. As soon as I selected a new clock face, the screen started to work again. 

Hoping this might help someone else experiencing the same issue. 

Best Answer
Precisely what happened on my second try with Fitbit first fixed and work resetting didn't work but changing the clock face did

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah I tried that and it didn't work for me however when I change the clock face after I talk to another person at Fitbit that worked

Best Answer

So glad I read through most of the threads on this issue. My Charge 3 did the same thing this morning, blank screen, but every thing else worked. I didn't do any reset. Glad I didn't, because following your lead, all I had to do was change my clock face and it came back on!

Thank you for sharing!

Best Answer

I had the same problem my screen suddenly went black today. I read a comment on here to change the clock face, which I tried and it worked! Let’s see how long it lasts now.

Best Answer
Thanks for all the info in the threads, unfortunately my Fitbit would not communicate with my phone, so I was unable to change the clock face...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not a solve...? Wtf

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it solved the problem for me and at least one other commenter on here, but if your Fitbit is not responding at all and you’re not able to use the app on your phone, then it will not work for you. I was just relieved that I didn’t have to go through support to have it replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my bad man, the thread on my phone display didn't have a "go to solution" or green highlighted section. just lazy af on a friday night apparently

Best Answer

YES! This worked for me. Thanks.

Best Answer

Hi, I had the same problem and followed your suggestion and it worked for ma as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this! My fitbit was working fine then I got blown up with text notifications and bam...display refused to work.changed the clock face on the app and bam...back to working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That just worked for me too! Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 screen is currently blank out of the blue. I have tried rebooting but to no avail. Just bought it for few months. What should i do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I put detailed instructions elsewhere on this site, but what worked for me is going into the fitbit settings on my phone and changing the watch face display.  Try that and see if it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s only blank when I check the results on sleep and also I can’t find reboot anymore (I’m not talking restart )

Best Answer
0 Votes

The display is totally black. No clock...no anything. Vibrates when message comes in...but screen is black.... Dead to the world.

Disappointed to say the least 

I got it as a gift...and I won't recommend it to anybody....period 

Junk !!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I doubt they will be calling me .45 day warrentee....  Crap

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I did just that . I connected the charger ...but it wasn't dead . I then pressed the side button for eight seconds...it came back with a smile . 

But it just quit for no reason at all ?  Wasnt low on battery...didn't drop it...didn't swim with it. Haven't really put it to test...even my doctor thinks their a joke. Waste of money...unreliable 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try loading your clock again. It worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes