Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems my Charge 3 broke down last evening after some 6 days of usage. At around 22:30, when I was reading in bed, it vibrated shortly as if there was a notification. The screen stayed black though; there is no display. From that moment on the Charge 3 has been unresponsive. Screen as well as button doesn't react to touch or presses any more. The heart rate sensor is emitting light constantly (green all the time, instead of slow flicker).

Connecting it to the charger doesn't change anything: no charge indication and symptoms stay the same. So no way to reboot either.

What to do next?

I'll contact my supplier in the evening, have a busy day at work today

HR sensor on all the time...HR sensor on all the time...button and screen don't react to touch or pressesbutton and screen don't react to touch or presses

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
177 REPLIES 177

This happened to me this morning. The hard restart while charging did not work. The edit to clock faces does not work. It tells me my fitbit is not connected (even though it is syncing, showing sleep data etc.). Lately it has been showing only simple sleep details and has been struggling to sync, so this is the last thing that could go wrong I guess. Any other fixes besides calling into help desk? If not, will have to request a replacement. TIA.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No subscription I don't know any other fixes sorry about that good luckSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is what happened with my first watch. At the time I had not known about the clock face update and I have no idea if it would work since I have never tried it again on that watch. I'll try and sync it tonight and get back to you. 

They replaced mine after troubleshooting with the tech for several hours. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit Just to be clear, the Charge 3 software is NOT working properly, and this is just a stop gap measure. This bandaid does not work for users that can't sync to their phone for whatever reason and even if it does work it only temporarily resolves the issue. I have had my Charge 3 for less than 2 months and I have had to change the clock face twice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@samsq wrote:

@Remi22 wrote:

I had the same problems ,(black screen) on my charge 3. I could still see progress on my phone but I need a watch. I went to change clock screen and picked a new one and for now it works. Not sure why but glad I experimented. 

My screen also went blank.  Nothing I tried seemed to work.  However, reading the commments here, I changed the clock face.  Initially, I just had a white line across the face, but now it appears to be ok.  Thank you for the heads-up about changing the clock face.  Fingers crossed it will be fine now.

UPDATE

TWO WEEKS ON FROM THE FIRST BLANK SCREEN / CLOCK FACE REBOOT AND IT HAS HAPPENED AGAIN.  IF IT HAPPENS A THIRD TIME I WILL KNOW THAT THIS FITBIT IS NOT "FIT FOR PURPOSE" AND WILL BE REQUESTING A REPLACEMENT. (TWO RESETS IN A LITTLE OVER TWO MONTHS OF PURCHASE)!

FITBIT THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! 

I HAVE ONLY BEEN WEARING THIS FITBIT SINCE THE NEW YEAR!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me! Thanks for the suggestion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My problem now is that when I look at my wrist the watch doesn't come on
automatically. I have to tap it to see what time it is. The clock change
helped wake up the screen but now it's acting up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I managed to fix my by loading the app and changing the clock face. Once done little progress bar on screen and all good again.

Cheers,

Paul

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not a solution for me.  My watch face was blank with the watch still at a half-charge indication.  The watch still worked-heart rate data still recording, and the watch still synced-just no screen.  The later thread suggestion to change screens did work for me- changing to a new screen(screen then worked) and then changing back to the preferred classic screen has fixed the problem so far.  Interesting glitch-changing screens must act somehow as a reboot of the watch display. . .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same thing happening. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted online chat and they told me to do the 8 second reset then go immediately to the app and choose a different clock. I did this and my screen is working again!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks this totally worked for me 

Best Answer

My fitbit was 10 days out of package when it started going blank. I did the clock face change, but it only helped until next time battery drained. Mulitple resets and calls to customer service, and, after a drawn out back and forth with customer service about my now 2 month old fitbit being under warranty, I am awaiting replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue, it’s been working fine for about a month, I only take it off to charge it, other than showering it hasn’t been immersed. I tried to swipe on my screen at gym this morning and it wouldn’t budge,  I can see main clock but won’t scroll up or down left or right. Charged it fully, turned it off and changed clock, still non responsive??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Customer service was prompt. Told me to plug it in to the charger and hold
the power button till the smiley face showed on the screen. Worked!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This just fixed my black screen issue of a Charge 3!!! It’s the weirdest thing and I hope it lasts but after reading all unsuccessful try outs this caught my eye as the one that work !!!! Sure enough it did and I was even able to return to the previous clock face -still working! Thank you 😊 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, it worked for me also!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. You can go to youtube and a guy will tell you what to do.. use your phone device on the application. then hit clock faces and wait.. it works 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit will not respond to anything. The screen stays black. I don’t know how to reset it. Pushing the side button/slot or tapping it does nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try the reset? Put it on the charger and then hold the power button
till the smiley face shows up. It worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes