Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank screen & it won't sync to iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit screen recently went completely black and the Fitbit no longer syncs with my iPhone. 

It is is fully charged, and when I push the side button I feel the vibration. I have tried the short and the long reboot (I have held the side button until the bar fills, etc) and used the below steps. Unfortunately, I cannot get the Fitbit to reboot or connect to my phone.  I have only had the device since December 2018. Help! 😞

Community @Hastech, hope you're doing great! Thanks for taking the time to troubleshooting this inconvenience, nice way to go! To test the screen: 

1. While the screen is blank, verify the device vibrates when you presses the button.
  2. Verify the screen turns on when you plug the device into the charger.
  3. Restart your device by following every single step provided here.
  4. If restarting the device doesn't resolve the issue, perform a long restart. See steps below:

1. Plug the device into the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  4. Remove the device from the charging cable.
  5. Plug the device into the charging cable again. 
  6. The smiley face icon appears on the screen

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Community Forums @ChloeSnickel! Thanks so much for taking the time to follow the steps you mentioned in order to solve the issues with your Charge 3.

Since the troubleshooting steps did not work, I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maria, thank you!! I really appreciate the help. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome @ChloeSnickelRobot Very Happy

I'll be around in case you need anything else, it's always a pleasure to help you. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same issue but none of the steps help.  The fitbit itself continues to vibrate but nothing comes up on the screen and it won't restart.  What else can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, this happened to me too. I left it to completely run out of charge, then charged it and now it's working again. I hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit Charge is a nice, but very unreliable device. Has to be very cheaply made. I received the Charge 3 as a gift in December 2018. Started using it in January 2019.

In a little over a year I have had the Fitbit replaced twice and the band once.

About a month ago the device just went dark. It still was functioning but I couldn't see anything on the screen. Now it won't even take a charge.

I contacted Fitbit in February and tried everything suggested without success. The only help I got from Fitbit was an offer to purchase a new charge for a discounted price, since my one year warranty had expired.

With all of the downtime in a little over a year I did not get even close to a year's worth of usage.

It's too bad that a very helpful product is not produced with quality components.

Best Answer
0 Votes