Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank screen and it won't stop vibrating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried troubleshooting and couldn't find a solution. My Charge3 is going crazy. It has a black screen and vibrates almost nonstop. The button isn't responsive and plugging it in doesn't change its behavior. It did show me the battery/smiley face icon when I plugged it into the computer instead of the wall outlet but it didn't do anything different beyond that. Just wondering if there is something else I could try. It's less than a year old. I wear it everyday and it's helped me so much that now I'm lost without it! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello there @TaraGaston, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for already restarting your Charge 3 prior to contacting us. I will be more than glad to help and get you back on track. 😉

Since the restart didn't work, I'd recommend restarting your Charge 3 using the 15-second method: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again

If the long restart does not work either, please check on the Fitbit app if your Charge 3 is still syncing. If so, change the clock face to a different one to see if this brings back the display. Don't worry if you cannot see anything on the display by now, this process is done through the Fitbit app. 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
26 REPLIES 26

Hello there @TaraGaston, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for already restarting your Charge 3 prior to contacting us. I will be more than glad to help and get you back on track. 😉

Since the restart didn't work, I'd recommend restarting your Charge 3 using the 15-second method: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again

If the long restart does not work either, please check on the Fitbit app if your Charge 3 is still syncing. If so, change the clock face to a different one to see if this brings back the display. Don't worry if you cannot see anything on the display by now, this process is done through the Fitbit app. 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
The long restart didn't work either. When I push the side button, all it does is vibrate and has a black screen. I tried to change the clock face because I was able to get it to sync earlier but now it can't find the fitbit. It also said it was up to date earlier. It still randomly vibrates and the screen lights up but it is very erratic like it's possessed or something. The rest of the time the screen is black. The heart rate monitoring isn't working either, no green light.

Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer

Hi there @TaraGaston, thanks for getting back and following the tips and recommendations I've provided. 

Since none of the steps you tried have worked, I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon! 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue has been resolved, thank you so much!

Best Answer

You're very welcome @TaraGaston😉 I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does the same. The long restart doesn’t work either. If I push the power button it vibrates but the screen is blank. I can’t change the clock face cause the app doesn’t find my Fitbit. I only had it since the end of September 

Best Answer

I've tried resetting my fitbit charge 3 by holdi g down the button for 15 sec.  It vibrates, but I do not see a happy face  when i disconnect.  Also, the charge symbol does not appear when  I  connect the watch to the charging cable. This problem is  intermittent., but today, I have experienced a blank screen most of the time.  I checked the fitbit app and it is not syncing with the watch.   

Best Answer

Hi there @Bam693 and @Nicbc, welcome here. Thanks for the details provided about your Charge 3 trackers.

I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and that they have helped you with this.🙂

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to help you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

how did they resolve it? I’m having this same issue right now.

black screen

not registering on my app

no heart rate green light on the back

Best Answer

Finally contacted someone in the live chat.  Basically, my fitbit charge 3 is dead.  Since I had it for 15 months, it was out of warranty.  So, I was offered a discount on a new tracker.  

Best Answer
I contacted the live chat today and because I got it from someone who won it at a raffle and has no proof of purchase, I don’t even get the warranty. I’m not impressed.

Jessica
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to send mine in because it got super hot on top of acting up
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish I could. I got it from a friend and have no proof of purchase so they can’t help me

Jessica
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Jezzydp, welcome on board. Thanks for the details provided. I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and that they have helped you with this. 😉

Thanks for sharing the outcome of this situation with us @Nicbc and @Bam693.

I'll be around if you have any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I have tried to change the clock face but app says fitbit not connected. Also tried the long restart but nothing works. Screen still blank and vibrate erratically. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Tamslive, thanks for stopping by and for following the steps and suggestion I shared above to fix your Charge 3's blank screen.

At this moment, the limits of what we can do for you here on the public community forums for the issue you're experiencing have been reached, so I've contacted our Support Team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions. Note that due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

We hope your issue is solved soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually, I was looking for a friend who's having the problem with the
blank screen. Mine's working fine, for now🤞
Best Answer

Mine is currently doing the same thing. What ended up working for you?

Best Answer
Sorry, I can't give you much help as I was trying to help a friend who had
this problem on a new Fitbit charge 3. She ended up returning it
Best Answer
0 Votes