Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank screen, won't connect to iPhone and red and green lights flashing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good morning  

Had my fitbit charge 3 since February 2020.  All was good until Monday morning.  Blank screen, unable to connect to my Iphone and red and green lights flashing.  I have tried the reset and rebooting my phone and nothing happens.  I cannot change the clock face as the Fitbit will not link to my phone.

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I'm having the same issue as of this morning (Wednesday) with my Charge 3.  Blank (off) screen, no vibration response with the side buttons, it won't connect to my phone, and it has red and green lights on the back that are consistently on in a sort of flashing way.  Tried restarting and rebooting but nothing happened.  I also tried to change the clock face but it wouldn't connect.  

Battery was at 59% when I went to sleep and should have lasted a few more days.  I'm on Android, so it doesn't seem to be a phone issue.  And I've only had the Fitbit since March 2020.  Really frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this issue now. 
We’re you able to fix it? What did you do 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kpcarmic  It's nice to have you on board!

Let me help you with this. You don't mention any troubleshoots so I suggest you restart your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Disconnect your tracker from the charging cable.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem since Monday morning too. I have tried putting on charge and holding the button for 8 seconds. I can feel the Charge vibrate but nothing else happens. It is still monitoring my activity but face is blank. How can I resolve this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NettyT  It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community!

Thank you for letting me know about this and for restarting your tracker. Since it is still syncing, please try changing the clock face by following these instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your response.
I have tried this several times over last few days with no success. Any other suggestions that could help?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NettyT thank you for your reply.

Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes