Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All!  I bought my Charge 3 this past Sunday and it seems to be working for the most part.  But when I turn my wrist towards my face (watch on that wrist), the screen is black. I hit the left side to activate the screen and it is blank.  If it does happen to turn on, it seems as if it has restarted and cannot read my heart rate.  It takes a couple seconds but then begins.  I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this.  I am not doing anything different from the ordinary (i.e. taking off my charge 3 or attempting to restart it, etc.)  

I appreciate any feedback or advice!

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Power charge it.  I think the watch has issues with showing low battery and it just goes off, like all power is lost.  It's tricky getting the plug in the exact spot needed to charge, you should see the % sign when it's charging.

@dwwayne wrote:

fitbit charge3 went black how do you fix it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had my Fitbit charge 3. For 6 months and the screen has gone blank

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would contact Fitbit by phone and get a replacement sent you. They know there is a problem but will not say it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try going into the fitbit settings on your  phone and changing the watch face.  That helped me and a lot of others on this site.  I have  posted specific instructions elsewhere on the site. 

Best Answer

I had a blank screen on my Charge 3, but otherwise it was working fine. Reset using the cradle didn't work, so changed the clock face from the phone app and the Charge 3 screen initialized correctly. Put the screen back to HR Stat clock face afterwards and working fine now. Looks to be a bug with the clock face module.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Chizz.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue by yourself. It's great to hear that changing the clock face worked for you and that your tracker is now working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have fitbit charge 3 for 6 months and it keeps going blank. I have charged it and tried to reset it and it still has blank screen. This has happened multiple times now but before it came back on within a couple minutes. This time it has been 6 hrs and I still can not get it on. Thank God I still wear my garmin at the same time to keep track of my steps. OK FITBIT, how do I turn it on again. It is fully charged! and downloads but cant see anything!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

my fitbit charge 3 screen is blank 

stays blank when charging 

will vibrate when I press button but no screen 

what can I do? 

I have only had it since jan 2019 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had same problem and it only restarted by plugging into my main computer.
It seam a common problem with this product

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Fitbit Charge 3 on 3/14/19 and now it won't light up at all.  Any suggestions please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same problem.

Screen is constantly blank.

Charging makes no difference, screen stays blank.

Trying the reset procedure (plug in, hold button for 8 seconds etc.) makes no difference, screen stays blank.

Managed to get it to sync so that I could do a system update but that didn't help either, screens stays blank.

I only know it is on because of the vibration when I touch the button on the side and the green blinky light on the back comes on if you go near it.

Other than that this thing is dead and useless, very disappointing.

Anyone found any fix for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try changing the clock type via the mobile app. Works for me every time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried changing the clock face too.

Several times.

It buzzes to say it's been changed but still nothing on the screen. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I woke up this morning and my fitbit was blank.  It is fully charged. I have changed the clockface several times and it vibrates, I have held the side button down for over 8 seconds while on the charger but still no screen.  The green light comes on and the fitbit vibrates but just a blank screen. The charge 3 sync's fine and is recording movement and heart rate but just a blank screen.  I've done everything that anyone has said to do and still nothing.  I got my fitbit charge 3 as a Christmas gift.  What do I do now?

Best Answer

I am also experiencing this blank screen issue.

Press button, it vibrates.

Charging, still blank screen

Syncs OK, but no screen. 

8 sec button reset on charger does not change anything.

Changed clock face a couple of times, still blank.

Not cool.  What is causing this?  How do we actually get this fixed for real?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Return it. I tried 3 different units before I gave up. Went back charge 2 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Customer service asking about warrantee now.  As this was bought in late 2018, I'm not holding my breath hoping for further support.  OK, it went a while before this issue developed, but this is still not a long enough service life for the price.  It should not be designed to fail shortly after the warrantee expires.

I'm tired of these failing fitbits, as I had failures on Charge 2 as well.  Polar is now looking pretty good, and I'm moving over to a Polar Vantage V to see how that goes.  Spendy, but refurbished saves a good chunk of change.

Best Answer
0 Votes