Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't read the unit's display. Both of my Charge 3's are dark. Did you guys turn them off in an update?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Gosh I don’t know why it fixed mine and isn’t fixing others. You did the swipe down on the today in the app phone screen? Until the progress bar goes across the top? 
mine came back after that enough that I could barely see the screen and then I was able to fix my brightness and do not disturb settings. The screen had been dimmed to where I could hardly see it and it was stuck on a settings screen. After the swipe on the phone, I could change that brightness and see other screens again. And the clock face too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After numerous  emails back and forth to fitbit and explaining that it is an issue for numerous  users , they don't care. They stated its not a warranty issue and hope I buy another of their products.....like hell I will after the lack of customer  value shown . 

Best Answer
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did swipe down in the app. My information is
being communicated now from the phone to the app however the screen is
still 100% blank. How did you adjust the brightness exactly? On the watch
face or on the desktop app? And again, if so, how exactly, would be much
appreciated?
Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_0015.jpeg

IMG_0016.jpeg

IMG_0017.jpeg

Ok. Again. Not sure how I fixed it exactly, but I did. Try putting it on the charger for a bit. Then push the side button. I think in my attempts to bring it back to life, somehow the settings changed and it was set to dim and it is SUPER dim. You can hardly see it. And then it timed out really quick which is another setting. It would be there and then it was gone. It was also set to me having to flick my wrist back and forth again before it would wake up with a tap. All that to say… after it’s been on the charger for a minute and you have pushed the side button, put it on your wrist and flick your wrist back and forth and look at it very closely indoors and see if you can see some words like Brighness or do not disturb or something. Those settings scroll up and down to get to the different ones. Try getting to brightness and hit it a couple times until it gets to normal brightness. There is an auto in there which makes it go dark, but hit it again to get to normal. I think there is something there on our screens but it is so very very dim and goes away quickly so we don’t see it. I believe that to be the case for mine. I just put mine on the brightness screen and let it time out. Then when I woke it up again with a tap it was still on that same screen so it doesn’t go right back to the clock face when you are deep in the settings. Pushing the button on the side takes your menu up one screen and out of the brightness into just the settings screen. Pushing it again takes you back to clock face. My theory is that somehow it got into dim and was stuck there in a screen with very little on it and very dim so it looks like just a black screen and I kept tapping it to try and wake it up and I set a bunch of settings inadvertently that made it go dark. It was telling my phone my steps, but the screen was dark. I hope this makes sense. I showed three of the screens that helped me fix mine. I think I accidentally swiped and tapped enough things to accidentally fix it. 

Best Answer

You are very generous to have taken the time and energy to reply to me as you did. Thank you kindly. 

Best Answer

I have done all of the above and still have a black screen. I also can’t complete any update from the app and the battery drains in a few hours only. Not to mention that it no longer captures sleep info. It seems to simply have stopped working overnight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
How disappointing, I am sorry this happened to your watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my charge 3. The screen is blank, data is collected and displayed in the app. The battery seems to be draining in minutes. This is my last Fitbit device, and my warranty just expired. I am done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got the brightness reset to normal, after following the instructions for reset about five times. From waking my device up after the reset (I still could not see anything on the face of my device) I did the swipe r to l four time to get to settings. I tapped on the top part of the face to drill into settings, and brightness is the first item. Tap on the top part of the screen, and hopefully you will get lucky like I did, and reset brightness to Normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've followed the steps you noted above but fitbit still has a blank screen. Are these fitbits being replaced given this defect?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Up date on mine been a few emails to Fitbit about it all they say is to reset it and because it’s not working they don’t care they don’t want to see it and said to just buy a new 1 well that’s me.  back to a Apple Watch as Fitbit knows there’s a problem but won’t do anything to fix it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not the person to ask this. I followed the steps left that others (and
Fitbit) suggested. Hard to change settings (i.e) screen brightness on your
watch when you have only a dark screen, with 0 text. Resetting did nothing.
I would email the company directly. Good luck.

---

Thanks for your message. A miracle may still occur then. 😂 Happy yours is
working for you again.

Best Answer
0 Votes