Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 broken vibrator motor

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit is less than a year old.  A couple of weeks ago the vibrate notifications and alarms stopped working.  It no longer vibrates when I plug it into the charger.  I have restarted and checked the settings several times.  How do I get it replaced?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Slmoulton, welcome to our Fitbit Community. Thank you for trying to get the vibration issues resolved before contacting our forums.

Before checking out the warranty and replacement options of your Charge 3, I'd like you try one more workaround which has been helpful for this type of issues. Please try a long restart. To do so on your device, follow the steps below:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  8. Set up your tracker from scratch

Finally, monitor your Charge 3 and see if it vibrates properly.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get a smiley face at about 7 seconds.  No vibrations at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Slmoulton, thank you for getting back and trying the recommended troubleshooting steps. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if any question arises.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have not yet received an email response from the Support team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Slmoulton, I got in touch with our Support team and was told that they will contact you via email soon. Please keep an eye on your email account.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes